Main Menu

Carlisle 2019 Hotel POLL - vote now!!!

Started by Cuda Cody, November 21, 2018, 08:39:15 AM

Previous topic Next topic

What hotel area do you want to stay at for Carlisle 2019?

Option #1 New Cumberland area
2 (14.3%)
Option #2 Park Inn by Radisson
12 (85.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: November 28, 2018, 08:40:11 AM

Cuda Cody

The biggest and best Mopar show on the planet is just around the corner and it's the perfect place for our club to gather and meet each other.  EVERYONE is welcome!!!   If you are reading this, you are part of the group.  We also have some exciting things planned but before we can share the details we all need to decide on a club hotel location.  There's a been a lot of good suggestions about hotels in this thread:

https://forum.e-bodies.org/carlisle-roseville-moparts/23/hotel-reservations-for-2019/8283/

Please vote on where we want to stay!!!   :grouphug: 

Option #1 is the same area and hotels that we have stayed in the past.  It includes Holiday Inn Express, Fairfield Inn, Capital Inn, and La Quinta Inn.

Option #2 is the Park Inn by Radisson and some club members have stayed there in the past.

Please, if you have stay at either location share with the group what you like and don't like about each location. No matter where we all stay we'll be having a party together.  It would just be nice if we could all stay in the same location.

@ViperMan
@Brads70
@MEK-Dangerous
@benlavigne
@Pentastarnut
@realn96
@torredcuda
@blown motor
@Oldschool
@Rev-It-Up
@Chryco Psycho
@Crocha617
@anlauto
@BB73Challenger

Let's all vote and whatever hotel location everyone wants most I will look in to a group rate for us.

Crocha617

I've stayed at the Park Inn for the past few years. It has an Irish Pub on the first floor, a huge multi-level decks out back with several bars, game & beer pong tables, etc... beach volley ball... this year there was a gathering with free food and they were giving free drink tickets on Friday night when I got there, the parking lot is gigantic, and there are people outside every night hanging outside all over the place.

Spikedog08

Quote from: Crocha617 on November 21, 2018, 09:03:10 AM
I've stayed at the Park Inn for the past few years. It has an Irish Pub on the first floor, a huge multi-level decks out back with several bars, game & beer pong tables, etc... beach volley ball... this year there was a gathering with free food and they were giving free drink tickets on Friday night when I got there, the parking lot is gigantic, and there are people outside every night hanging outside all over the place.

I think my question is . . Are there rooms available for us at the Park Inn?  Sounds like a great place but I want to make sure we can all get a bed and it won't kill our wallet! 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

Good question!  I just called Park Inn to check room and prices and they said they have over 100 rooms available.  And that was just rooms with 2 double beds.  They have King beds too if someone prefers, but she didn't tell me how many were available.

The cost is $143.65 per night if staying for 3 nights or $152.10 if staying for 2 nights (+tax).  The best rate is online on their website and we do not need a group rate or discount to get that price.  The price for a group of 10 was more than their website was offering at this time.  I suspect the price will go up as more rooms are sold.  :alan2cents:

Quote from: Spikedog08 on November 21, 2018, 09:22:43 AM
Quote from: Crocha617 on November 21, 2018, 09:03:10 AM

I think my question is . . Are there rooms available for us at the Park Inn?  Sounds like a great place but I want to make sure we can all get a bed and it won't kill our wallet!

anlauto

Thanks for including me on this thread, but I've stayed at the same Motel 6, two miles from the fairgrounds for over 20 years now and have already made my 2019 reservations there, so I'm good :twothumbsup:

I know you guys will have a blast wherever your stay  :cheers:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Crocha617

Cody the rate should be $121/night if you tell them it's for the 2019 Chrysler group. I talked to the lady in charge of the groups the last time we were discussing it a couple months ago.

Spikedog08

So I went to their site and if I book non refundable  . . $128.00 a night total . . .

benlavigne

Quote from: Crocha617 on November 21, 2018, 10:40:24 AM
Cody the rate should be $121/night if you tell them it's for the 2019 Chrysler group. I talked to the lady in charge of the groups the last time we were discussing it a couple months ago.
Sounds like a no-brainer at that rate...

Ben

Spikedog08

Quote from: Crocha617 on November 21, 2018, 10:40:24 AM

If this is true . . . that has my vote!  Lets make a decision soon so I can make a reservation!   :banana:   

Also note that Carlisle Tickets are 20% off starting Black Friday and valid until New Years!   :bigmoney:

Cuda Cody

Sweet!!!!  Going to register my rental car (under "E-Bodies.org') and make a run at Barney @MEK-Dangerous    :pokeeye:   :D

Quote from: Spikedog08 on November 21, 2018, 10:50:37 AM

Also note that Carlisle Tickets are 20% off starting Black Friday and valid until New Years!   :bigmoney:

torredcuda

I am fine staying where we have been but although I may get in trouble with the wife as she loves the Holiday Inns breakfast, I vote for  the Park Inn as it sounds very nice and a bit closer to everything which makes it easier to get avoiding the maze of highways.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

ViperMan

The one thing to remember with this hotel is that it won't have the private, secluded lot that we've all come to love at the Quality Inn in New Cumberland.  I know it has a large lot and I know people hang out in it in the evenings, but I'm wondering how packed it'll be Friday & Saturday night and if we'll be able to sit around a folding table covered with pizza as we have in the previous years.

I know we'll make it work, but I just wonder how comfortable everyone is going to be.  At this point I'm not even sure I'll have a car there at all this year, so I'm not super concerned about parking and security.

Brads70

blown motor

I could go either way. I've only stayed in New Cumberland and the parking lot/party place can't be beat imho. If we can achieve the same at Radison then that's cool. Having said that I seriously doubt I will be there this year so I'll withhold my vote and let the chips fall where they may. There has been a plan proposed for an invasion from Ontario in 2020 so I'll be there then God willing. @RJChallenger you better have your car ready by then.  ;)
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

BB73Challenger

When my son and I stayed at the park inn the year before last, We had a double room on the 1st floor and I was able to park right in front of my room.
It was in the way back of the building and had no problems.
I'll be coming this year with another A body friend, and looking forward to coming back to Carlisle and see you all.