Main Menu

Carlisle 2019 show question?

Started by Spikedog08, July 20, 2018, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

So we are already planning next years show and trying to think of what we can do to make it a better experience for all our members . . . we have come up with some ideas but I want to reach out to all of you and get some input? 

Our member attendance was down this year so in your opinion, what can we do to make the show better for you?  (changing the weather is not an option)

Thoughts??    :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

303 Mopar

Fly everyone in on @Cuda Cody's private jet!   :banana:

71gogreen

A better Hotel, Nicer place for eating. :takealook:

Cuda Cody

Just need to know who wants picked up in my new "jet" and I'll send it right over.   8)

Quote from: 303 Mopar on July 20, 2018, 08:30:01 AM

Brads70

Quote from: 303 Mopar on July 20, 2018, 08:30:01 AM

:haha:  I'd settle for just having Cody and Jen coming next year. I heard nothing but complaints from the parts vendors that Cody didn't show up this year!  :Stirring: :D

72 Challenger

Quote from: go green71 on July 20, 2018, 09:50:17 AM

I find this is one of the largest reasons why I don't stay in Carlisle. the options for food is terrible. I stay in Harrisburg. All of the restaurants are terrible and the wait times can be out of this world.
Someday I will have a J0b.

73chalngr

As much as we would all like to be there sometimes life circumstances don't allow you to attend and if you have never been it is hard to put into words how exciting it is truly is.    If you have never been it should be on you bucket list. 

Spikedog08

We are talking about moving the club hotel but want to have a place where all the members can stay, be comfortable and affordable . . . Having everyone close is great for the after show activities which sometimes is as much fun as the actual show. 

As far as I know, Cody plans to make it to 2019! 

anlauto

I find it funny everybody talks about the after show" festivities.....For me, I arrive at the show everyday around 6:45 AM.....walk all day, sit around my vending spot through-out the day to rest....we don't leave the show until 7-8 pm, freshen up at the hotel and go for a decent dinner.....we're not back to the room 'til close to 10 pm or so, by then I'm zonked and in bed for the night.....do it all over the next day...

I guess I'm missing all the fun, the that's the great thing about this show, it' means something different for everybody.....I've never really committed to join you guys because I'm pretty much doing my own thing.....

Sadly this year, I missed most of you because every time when I was at the tent it was practically empty...  :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rich G.

They need to add another day to the show. I've been going to this show for so many years and never have enough time to see everything. At least at the Thursday kick off I got to see some cars. We stay in Mechanicsburg. About 20 min from the fairgrounds and plenty of places to eat.

Spikedog08

Quote from: Rich G. on July 21, 2018, 01:16:45 PM
They need to add another day to the show. I've been going to this show for so many years and never have enough time to see everything. At least at the Thursday kick off I got to see some cars. We stay in Mechanicsburg. About 20 min from the fairgrounds and plenty of places to eat.

How much was your hotel this year?  Where I stayed was $79 for Thursday and $89 for the weekend.   How much room in the parking lot?  We would like enough room for everyone if possible . .

anlauto

Quote from: Rich G. on July 21, 2018, 01:16:45 PM

Mopar Collector's Guide kind of touched on that in this months issue saying how most shows become a "ghost town" on Sunday and they really need to do something to entice people to stick around. Our Moparfest  here in Ontario has no problem getting people to stick around, they usually give away a muscle car....this year they're giving away $15K cash that you have to be there to win.

For me, this year at Carlisle, I had most of my shopping done Thursday afternoon, and speaking with some of the vendors they were saying Thursday was their best day....I know people that go down on Wednesday and are talking about arriving Tuesday next year.... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

69BFan

I got to the grounds on Tuesday afternoon around 4:30.  Several vendors were in the process of setting up.  We stay at our spot and several adjacent vendors showed up through the night.  By Wednesday afternoon, it was looking like a typical Thursday morning.  I was shocked at the number of vendors that had already moved in and sat up. 

Our product line is reproduction parts and I know that most of people on Thursday are looking for NOS or good used parts.  But I am seeing more and more shops and local individuals coming in on Thursday to get the items that they need and be done with it, so as not to have to deal with the general public.  Another thing that we noticed this year is that after approximately 3:00 PM, it died off really quickly.  In previous years, you would get a spurt around 5:00 PM of people making the last pass through picking up items that they had been price shopping.

It also seems that more and more people are having to work on Friday and unable to get off from work.  The number of people that told me that they were there for Saturday only, shocked me.  Granted, most of these were people within a three hour drive of the venue.

No matter the venue, all of the multiple day events are suffering on Sunday from my perspective.  I feel that most people have to be back to work on Monday, so Sunday is a travel day for them.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

Morty426

Quote from: 72 Challenger on July 20, 2018, 11:29:28 AM
Quote from: go green71 on July 20, 2018, 09:50:17 AM

I find this is one of the largest reasons why I don't stay in Carlisle. the options for food is terrible. I stay in Harrisburg. All of the restaurants are terrible and the wait times can be out of this world.

I have always stayed in Harrisburg.  It's any easy place to ship packages and get dinner.  However I did notice that around 7PM most every place was packed. 

blown motor

I think we all should just camp out at the show. Make it like Woodstock, three days of cars and love. Spikedog can bring his guitar.  :)
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel