Main Menu

Carlisle events sued

Started by Chryco Psycho, June 17, 2020, 07:51:44 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

I have a lot of respect for everyone at Carlisle for continuing to make an effort to keep everyone safe at the same time trying to find a solution to stay in business.  I hope they can get through this.

anlauto

I'm on the fence a little bit this one.....I applaud them for their "show must go on" mentality, and keeping jobs in place for their own employees and the food vendors etc....not to mention the millions in revenue they likely make each season....

but come on....take a look around the WORLD...take a look at the events cancelled in 2020 events with a lot more significance, a lot more monetary value , a lot more to lose, etc...

It's a car show man ....seriously... :drunk:  ...and now with them going against restrictions in place to keep everybody safe....it appears as if they just want the money, they want the ability to say "the show must go on"... and that people's safety is not the priority.

Yes I've read all the changes that they have made to accommodate Covid-19 but they are still willing to break local restrictions of 250 people gatherings ...and 250 is huge, we're still restricted to 10 people around here.  It's just putting everybody at risk....not worth it...

With all that said....we still have three weeks until our Chrysler show, so hopefully a lot of things will change for the better, and the show will go on...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mymcodebee

Our hotel was very blattant down there and stated... " I have no idea how they think they are going to have a show"..   It's too bad because either way it will be far less than what was expected to be a record setting year with the 70 reunion.     :(

mopartaz

So its ok to have thousands protesting but not a car show--Right. Total hypocrisy.

anlauto

Quote from: mopartaz on June 17, 2020, 12:29:37 PM
So its ok to have thousands protesting but not a car show--Right. Total hypocrisy.

I agree 10,000 %.... These "marches" are just ludicrous ! .... but that's a whole other can of worms... :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mr Lee

I think that everyone is tired of the hypocrisy.  Tired of all the crap that doesnt make sense as far as what is shut down and what isnt.  And its making people feel like we are being lied to about how serious this corona virus really is.  We can stand in line at Walmart but not in the voting lines for the next president?  They're cutting the number of parking spaces at public parks in half... cutting the number of people who are allowed out in the open air, with acres and acres of fresh air blowing around... where you could wander around for an hour and maybe not even see another person?  How does that make sense??  Everyones tired of the over cautioning in one area and how the "rules dont apply" to other areas, like protesters and looting. 
If carlise were an indoor even i could understand a little bit of caution. But its mostly outside in the fresh air.  I think there should be leniency there.  I think its time to let people judge for themselves how cautious they want to be. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

mopartaz

blown motor

I'll play the devil's advocate here. Let's put emotion aside and look at this from a practical point of view. As far as the protests, I'm rather certain that they were not sanctioned as an allowable event by the health department. And in a protest situation with that many people, I'm also rather certain that writing tickets for failing to social distance is not a top priority for the police. As far as how serious is the virus, ask someone who has had it, or someone who has lost a family member or friend to it. Ask a front line worker who has seen people die from it. For those of us that have not contracted it, myself included, this whole situation is an inconvenience that we are all more than ready to be done with. But without social distancing, masks, reduced group size, travel restrictions, etc. this situation would have been far worse. Far more people would have been seriously ill, our hospitals would have been far overcapacity and certainly many more people would have died. Quite possibly even someone you know and love or maybe even you. I'd rather be cautious and alive than cynical and dead. And I'm glad my family feels the same way.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

mopartaz

If all the stores are open especially liquor stores deemed "essential" by these moronic governors who have an agenda, then we should be allowed to go to an outdoor event. If someone doesn't feel safe- then don't go. Use common sense.

Spikedog08

A lot of different views here . . Thank you to the members for keeping this civil . .  :clapping:

Oh god please don't close the liquor stores  . .  :cheers:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

72 Challenger

As a Canadian, the way everyone sues people in the USA makes no sense. Surely Carlisle had to get some type of permit, why wouldn't the gov just pull the permit and fine them if they go ahead? Why a lawsuit?

It's probably a very complicated answer, it just seems odd as an onlooker.
Someday I will have a J0b.

Oh10Challengerless

@Spikedog08 if I find out they are closing the liquor stores in PA I'll stock us up!!!

Spikedog08

Quote from: Oh10Challenger on June 17, 2020, 06:00:40 PM
@Spikedog08 if I find out they are closing the liquor stores in PA I'll stock us up!!!

Oh if this happens . . I will bring plenty.  I know how weird Pennsylvania is with booze.   Learned that first trip there . . 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

chargerdon

Quote from: mopartaz on June 17, 2020, 12:29:37 PM

Dear lord god !!!!   So WHERE did you read that its ok to have thousands protesting ???????   NOWHERE...  The protestors from strictly a health standpoint are IDIOTS...   Nobody except Trump (who i positively cannot stand) is not afraid to stop them, and if they tried we would have hundreds of RELATIVELY innocent people seriously injured or killed...  and what would that accomplish ?   Here in Raleigh the protesting turned to looting and rioting...   that was two weeks ago, (it takes 14 days of incubation for the covid to show symptoms...Now the Number of new Covid cases is going thru the roof.   LARGE CROWDS ARE JUST STUPIDITY !!   

TWO WRONGS DO NOT MAKE A RIGHT !!!    To draw 100,000 people to a place like Carlisle is LUDICROUS !!!   

Here in North Carolina in Alamance county a local Speedway drew 4,000 people to watch a dirt race track race...   One in 20 of them wore a mask while sitting shoulder to shoulder in the stands.   One good sneeze could infect hundreds, and then those hundreds go home and  each infects hundreds more.    This was also against the governors 25 max for outdoor events !!   The governor threatend to send in the national guard if necessary...   Still they held a second race.   Finally they arrested the owners and have huge fines hovering over them and threatened to bring in national guard before they finally shut down.