Main Menu

Carlisle Stastistics

Started by Spikedog08, July 16, 2018, 10:01:42 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

Some statistics from this years 2018 show:

First I know that we set a new record of show cars this years as it was disclosed at the show meeting that I went to . . . at that time the count was 2726.  When I went to check how many members registered under the club name, I asked again how many were we at since 2 more registered while I was waiting.  at that point it was 2747.  That's a lot of show cars! 

As for our group, numbers were down for sure!  I think we had 26 members come to the club dinner and only about 16 made it to the pizza party on Saturday night!  Even though numbers were down, we still had a great time! 

Now some personal statistics from myself and the trip:

Distance traveled :  504 miles each way - total 1008
Time traveled:  7 hours 32 Min there - 7 hours 11 minutes return  - Total 14 hours 43 minutes
Gas used: 89.2 gallons
MPG: 11.3 average
Gas purchased: $264.11
Tolls:  To Show: $95.05     From Show: $72.15  Hotel to show: $10.40 - Total: $177.60   
Hotel: 3 nights - $285.27
Beer consumed: 22

Why the tolls are different each way is something I do not understand??  Who knows . . .  :dunno:

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

I'm blown away with how much you had to spend in tolls!   :Thud:   

We're you able to find out how close we were to getting the bigger tent?  I really was hoping this would be the year we got the bigger tent.  :huh: 

Brads70

Wow you should have drove the car?  I was 434 miles each way
used 26 gallons to get there , avoided all the tolls, paid zero in tolls.  Spent around $200 in fuel
got 17 MPG's .
Hotel $334
But had a great time , no matter what I do the Carlisle weekend costs me a minimum of $1000 Canadian plus what ever I buy. Worth it though, can't take it with you!

MEK-Dangerous

I won't annoy you with what my gas mileage was.   :D

The tolls on the Ohio and Pa. Turnpike are killer. Taking that a step further, when I went up to visit Aprilspink72Cuda a few year back in New York...I paid more in tolls than I did in gas. That's crazy.

RzeroB

Quote from: MEK-Dangerous on July 16, 2018, 01:27:10 PM
...I paid more in tolls than I did in gas. That's crazy.

YIKES!! That is CRAZY!!  :bricks:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

captcolour

Any idea on total attendees over the 4 day period?

MEK-Dangerous

Quote from: captcolour on July 16, 2018, 05:24:16 PM
Any idea on total attendees over the 4 day period?

I can only say that there were almost 2800 register vehicles.

ViperMan

I can tell you that lunch on Saturday cost exactly $404...   :bigmoney:

:banana:

Lemontwist

Tolls on the PA turnpike will go up every year until 2040 per the latest estimate.  That is because they are widening it to 6 lanes from east to west. AND they are siphoning off millions for the state budget.
Drew

MEK-Dangerous

Quote from: Lemontwist on July 18, 2018, 08:13:45 AM
Tolls on the PA turnpike will go up every year until 2040 per the latest estimate.  That is because they are widening it to 6 lanes from east to west. AND they are siphoning off millions for the state budget.

Funny thing. When the PA turnpike was built, they were only going to charge you for using it until it was paid for. I guess it will never be paid for?   ::)

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: ViperMan on July 17, 2018, 03:19:53 PM
I can tell you that lunch on Saturday cost exactly $404...   :bigmoney:

:banana:
& you are probably still eating it too  :Thud:

Morty426

Topcat

At least your Gas is cheaper. If that was me it would've about $350 dollars for that drive.

RusTy/SE

This year, my Carlisle road trip stats went something like this -

Montgomery, Al - Manassas, Va - Carlisle, Pa - Brooklyn, NY - Montgomery.

I got on I85 in Montgomery at 10 am Wednesday and backed into my driveway around 7 pm Monday. Montgomery to Manassas on the way up was 11-12 hours with the last leg on the way back from Thornburg, Va to Montgomery about the same.

Gas: 327.88 all 87 octame
Hotels: 680.65
Tolls: With my route, these did not begin until north of Richmond, Va, so $100 give or take

Total miles: 2150

I found prices were highest in Brooklyn at 2.95 (Chevron) and lowest in Manassas at 2.55 (Raceway). When I got back to the house, my neighborhood Citgo had dropped to 2.57 a gallon.
JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

Morty426

Quote from: Topcat on July 19, 2018, 06:47:58 AM
At least your Gas is cheaper. If that was me it would've about $350 dollars for that drive.

By the Sacramento Airport 87 octane is $3.97 / gallon

These guys probably don't want to know what it is in the Bay Area, SF or at SFO    :stop: