Main Menu

Carlisle trailer rental or transport

Started by FF376, July 06, 2024, 08:45:50 AM

Previous topic Next topic

FF376

I've got a buddy of mine coming up hoping to find a car to get into the Mopar hobby. anyone know if there are one way trailer rental places available onsite? Or transport companies? Or should he bring his own? Looking mostly at A bodies and has a couple of guys to meet at the show so he's pretty serious. Also if anyone knows of a nice driver level car in the $25k budget let.me know. Thanks

cuda hunter

There is a Uhaul close to the fair grounds.  Twice I have been there and they have had a car hauler available.  No issue with an A body on their trailers.  The trailers they rent are usually in top shape and pull great.  Uhauls rates are decent as well and if you have an issue with the trailer mid travel you can call and they will come out and fix it.  Not as fast as you would like but they will send the closest tech to fix what has gone wrong or switch out what you have.  Nationwide company makes a difference in service. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JH27N0B

U Haul is an option. Another option would be to make the deal at the show :finland: , then find a car hauling company to pick it up from the sellers place after the show and deliver it.  Sometimes not much over $1.00 a mile and less sweat and hassle paying someone else to do the chore.
I'm buying a new car from MO and was thinking about how and when I could get there and drive it home.  Dealer said they would arrange trailering it to me for $600, and I decided that was the way to go!

anlauto

$25K won't buy much these days....not around here anyways, good luck in your(his) search Carlisle would be the place to look, but in the pasty two years I've found the corral to be very light.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

FF376

Its crazy to me that prices have gotten to where a decent driver Duster or Dart is hard to find for $25k but thats the world we live in now...

Appreciate the responses. We will have a fun time looking!

cuda hunter

I see 2nd gen barracuda drivers in the 10-12 range pretty often.  With 25K and looking for an a body I would think you could pick up something pretty nice. 

Where are you from, located? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee