Main Menu

Core charges at Carlisle

Started by GoMangoBoys, July 08, 2020, 10:06:52 AM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

I will be shopping for a clock for 70 Challenger w/ Rallye gages at Carlisle.  Will there be a core charge for buying a clock.  I can bring my bad one if that is the case. 

Will there be people there selling rear bumpers?  I have a good core and I want to know if I need to bring it.

Thanks

anlauto

If you're buying a new reproduction clock manufactured by OER, there won't be any type of core charge...if you're buying it from someone who rebuilds factory clocks then maybe they would need your core....not sure who that would be.

In years past there were two companies selling factory re-chromed bumpers....TRI-CITY Plating and the BUMPER BOYZ......I would call them to see if they are even going, see even if they have E Body bumpers anymore....The introduction of new reproduction bumpers really kicked these guys in the ass....now they may offer to take your core to re-chrome it and ship it to you....they don't stock them like they use to.

If you're buying an AMD or Keystone bumper....they don't require a core, but again, not a lot of vendors bring large heavy stuff like that to sell. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

GoMangoBoys

I always see the Bumper Boyz at the local Canfield Ohio swap meet.  They were supposed to be there in May, but the show got canceled.  I just spoke to them.  They are coming to Carlisle, but are not bringing the big truck full of bumpers.  If I would have called them last week, they might have brought a bumper in their van.  I will see what I can find there this week and if I come up short, I will get one from them at the fall swap at Canfield.