Main Menu

Hotel reservations for 2019.

Started by MEK-Dangerous, August 31, 2018, 10:46:04 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MEK-Dangerous

Has anyone made them yet?

I like the Holiday Inn express that I've had the last couple of years in New Cumberland. The parking lot isn't all that big, and the Chrysler 300 crowd seems to think it's cool to put up cones on half the lot for their cars. That is my only negative. The positive is it is just across the street from "our" pizza party parking lot.

So, I was looking at the Fairfield Inn, which is newer, and just next to the pizza parking lot. I'm thinking this is my ticket, since it seems Holiday Inn increased their rates.  Any feedback is appreciated.

https://www.hotelplanner.com/Hotels/138797/Reservations-Fairfield-Inn-Suites-New-Cumberland-185-Beacon-Hill-Blvd-17070#HotelName 

Spikedog08

I know there is talk of moving to another hotel @ViperMan  . . I am waiting to see if this is the plan or not? 

:dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

ViperMan

Yeah - there was talk of moving it to the hotel that @Brads70 always stays at (I believe).  It's in Mechanicsburg, I think it's the Park Inn by Radisson at 5401 Carlisle Pike, right Brad?

I know it's a BIG hotel - several clubs stay there.  It also has a full restaurant and bar inside for anyone interested.  It's parking lot is huge, and it has things like volley ball courts and such in back.  The plus side is lots of space and room for everyone, but the downside is that there's no "area" to cordon off and have as our own like we do in New Cumberland.

Personally, I have no preference.  I love all you Mopar nerds but hotel shopping for Carlisle was always a giant PITA and now that I'm in South Carolina, I can't do it anymore.  :)

So I'm waiting to see what every one else wants to do and decide from there.  @MEK-Dangerous - I was thinking of trying that hotel next year as well.  Also, the 300M club wasn't even the most annoying presence at the hotel this past year...

Brads70

Quote from: ViperMan on August 31, 2018, 12:58:04 PM
Yeah - there was talk of moving it to the hotel that @Brads70 always stays at (I believe).  It's in Mechanicsburg, I think it's the Park Inn by Radisson at 5401 Carlisle Pike, right Brad?

I know it's a BIG hotel - several clubs stay there.  It also has a full restaurant and bar inside for anyone interested.  It's parking lot is huge, and it has things like volley ball courts and such in back.  The plus side is lots of space and room for everyone, but the downside is that there's no "area" to cordon off and have as our own like we do in New Cumberland.

Personally, I have no preference.  I love all you Mopar nerds but hotel shopping for Carlisle was always a giant PITA and now that I'm in South Carolina, I can't do it anymore.  :)

So I'm waiting to see what every one else wants to do and decide from there.  @MEK-Dangerous - I was thinking of trying that hotel next year as well.  Also, the 300M club wasn't even the most annoying presence at the hotel this past year...

Yes that's the one I've stayed at before. I really recommend it, restaurant out front has really good food(Irish Pub) Lots of room for trailers, nice pool etc...

captcolour

Made mine already.  Been staying at the Towne Place Suites in Mechanicsburg.  My friend and I share a two bedroom, two bath suite.  Now have a restaurant out front to walk to as well.

realn96

Brads70

Cuda Cody

I just tried to reserve a room at the Park Inn by Radisson at 5401 Carlisle Pike and it also says there's not any available.   :(  It sounds like a great place.  @Brads70  do you already have your room there?

Brads70

Quote from: Cuda Cody on September 03, 2018, 08:13:56 AM
I just tried to reserve a room at the Park Inn by Radisson at 5401 Carlisle Pike and it also says there's not any available.   :(  It sounds like a great place.  @Brads70  do you already have your room there?

No not yet. I think I'll  try again in a month or so, as I don't think they book that far in advance.

torredcuda

Same here, said no rooms available but looks like a great location and plenty of room for trailers and our nightly get togethers.  :twothumbsup:
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Spikedog08

I think 9 months out is the magic number . . Most of the online sites won't book a room unless it is within 9 months of your stay . . 

MEK-Dangerous

Being a creature of habit, I like our old out of the way parking lot party area through the years. We had it to ourselves, and it worked.

IF the Park Inn Radisson becomes available in the future, I'm game if everyone else is.... I mean, it won't be much of a party if I'm at our old spot eating pizza by myself. You might have noticed I don't talk much. I talk even less to myself.    :looney:

Spikedog08

So I just booked a room at that hotel just in case we decide to move  . . I used Booking.com . . . use this link and sign up for a room . .

https://www.booking.com/s/18_6/4fa08093

Price was just over $550 for a 3 night stay.  Starting to pack now . . .  :veryexcited:

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Spikedog08

I also tried to get another room at the Fairfield next to our area in New Cumberland and rooms were limited there and non refundable . . . That does not thrill me as if something comes up and I cannot go, want to be able to cancel my reservation . . .

Might try to get one at the Holiday Inn express in New Cumberland in case we decide to stay in the typical area . . . DONE!  $470 for the 3 nights . . .