Main Menu

Huge Thank You to the guys who helped me on Saturday at Carlisle!

Started by raystewart, July 15, 2018, 06:56:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

raystewart

I hope this finds itself to the guys from Harrisburg on the corner with the green car who helped the guy who passed from the heat out carrying a steering column.   I'm not that good with B and E body cars so I will post this on both.  Thanks for your help and hospitality, after about a gallon of water and Gatorade I'm back home and feeling well.  We are all blessed to be involved in a hobby that is full of good folks and brotherhood and I can't thank you enough for your help!   

1 Wild R/T

Wasn't me but  :twothumbsup: for the guys who did the right thing... And good to hear your doing better...  You need to get & stay hydrated  before it gets serious....  Been guilty of not listening to my body myself... Not a good thing....

BTW Welcome to the forum!!!

cuda hunter

Goad someone helped you out!

If you were carrying a steering wheel, you must have a ride. 

How about some pictures of your ride while your here as well.   

:bradsthumb: :bradsthumb:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda Cody

Thank you for posting a nice note to the people that helped.  Wasn't me, but hope they see it.

And welcome @raystewart   :welcome: to the site.  If you have time we would love to see your car.  :banana:

raystewart

Well, my Mopars are quite removed from you guys.  I was there is search of parts specifically for our 50 Suburban Deluxe and all of its 218 CI flathead and 97HP! Along with that I have an 01 Cherokee, an 03 PT Cruiser and an 06 Crossfire.  No 60/70's musclecars yet....  I hope the fine fellows who helped me see this, and I hope I can pass on to everyone out there, we're not kids anymore and need to be mindful of ourselves in hot environments like Saturday.   Also I want to highlight the wonderful brotherhood and kindness of the car craze.  Will be on the lookout for you guys at Das Awkfest in Macungie, PA early next month, WELL HYDRATED!   Thanks to all and take care of yourself and keep an eye on your brother.

1 Wild R/T

Ray, just cause this is an E body site doesn't mean we're all blind to other cool cars.... The Mopar's from the late 40's & early 50's are definitely cool & have interesting history... I have a friend with two old 50 Dodge business coupes, and a 50 Plymouth with history as vintage stock car.  Another buddy has a 48 Chrysler T/C Convertible... Stunning car....

72 Challenger

My first ever trip to the Chryslers at Carlisle I did exactly the same thing.

I made all the rookie mistakes:

No hat, no sunscreen, Dark shirt, drank iced coffee's instead of water.

At about 11 am I got extremely dizzy, started shaking, saw spots, couldn't see colours straight and quickly passed out in the aisle in front of a bunch of Dart's. Fairly quickly someone from Carlisle Events took me to a small air conditioned room by the Subway in the back. The room was filled with people in the same scenario as me. The First Aid people game me an apple, water, some Gatorade and some ice in a ziplock bag. In about an hour I was feeling okay again but my day was truly over. I tried my best to see the rest of the show but I was exhausted.
Someday I will have a J0b.

Brads70

Quote from: 72 Challenger on July 16, 2018, 05:20:30 AM

At about 11 am I got extremely dizzy, started shaking, saw spots, couldn't see colours straight and quickly passed out in the aisle in front of a bunch of Dart's. Fairly quickly someone from Carlisle Events took me to a small air conditioned room by the Subway in the back. The room was filled with people in the same scenario as me. The First Aid people game me an apple, water, some Gatorade and some ice in a ziplock bag. In about an hour I was feeling okay again but my day was truly over. I tried my best to see the rest of the show but I was exhausted.

Oh man does that ever suck! So sorry to hear this , would have been nice to meet you!  :sorry:

72 Challenger

Quote from: Brads70 on July 16, 2018, 05:38:00 AM
Quote from: 72 Challenger on July 16, 2018, 05:20:30 AM

Oh man does that ever suck! So sorry to hear this , would have been nice to meet you!  :sorry:

This was years ago now just a story of my first time I was at Carlisle. I didn't make it down this year but your damn right I am going to be there next year.
Someday I will have a J0b.

734406PK

Hello raystewart! Sorry to hear! I also carried a box up the hill to my truck at Carlisle Saturday afternoon, boy was it hot! I didn't think  was going to make it there but did somehow. Started the truck and sat in the air conditioning for 20 minutes just to cool down. I'm glad to hear you're ok. Here's a pic of what the outside temp was at the time: