Main Menu

No it's not too soon! Carlisle 2020 - 50th Anniversary of the E-Body.

Started by ViperMan, July 15, 2019, 09:53:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ViperMan

Quote from: Yourpar on July 21, 2019, 02:27:37 PM
As mentioned earlier this was my first time making it to Carlisle and before lunch on Saturday I had already registered for next year!

I like the idea of having a collectible to sell or giveaway. I would love a 50 years of E Body banner to hang in the garage or bar!

As far as a fit crew goes thats a cool way to make a keepsake for the group and makes for a great marketing tool. Next year I am going to being all of my equipment and will try and put something together. I have been thinking about how to capture the entire show in a video since I got there on Friday.

Also I am trying to figure out how to drive my 'cuda over next year and I think have a solution I just need someone to buy a kidney and the Hellephant to go back on sale! Just kidding unless someone wants to buy a kidney. I have found a multipoint EFI system for BB Chryslers that I plan on trying out, it should make a fun winter project.

Thanks to everyone for making my first to so AWEOME and I am looking forward to seeing everyone in a year!

Heck yeah, @Yourpar !!!!  Then we gotta work on your whole "5 posts" thing...  ;)

I think you've got a tremendous wealth of information that would benefit this club in a big way.  We'd all love to see you around here more often!  :)

Sorry though I don't need a kidney yet, but I'm brewing 5 gallons of beer this weekend so I might call dibs on a liver!!  :D

ClarkWGrizwald

Hotel should Probably be figured out soon. Many are already full. I think that should be top priority to sort out ASAP.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

ViperMan

Quote from: ClarkWGrizwald on August 15, 2019, 10:55:01 AM
Hotel should Probably be figured out soon. Many are already full. I think that should be top priority to sort out ASAP.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

They're not full - it's just too early to book reservations for next July.  I don't however disagree with you - we need to make a decision here pretty soon.

cuda hunter

A club video would be awesome!  I'd pitch in on it. 

Where we stayin? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

benlavigne

Some of you may follow Nick from Nick's Garage on YouTube... We are trying to arrange for him to be at Carlisle with his Kowalski Challenger, and should be doing an episode from this!
I'd love for him to be part of the E-bodies group, and the people from the show are considering a spot inside, but I know Nick would rather be with us in the field...
We should have at least 6-7 E-bodies from Quebec traveling together!

Ben

Spikedog08

That's awesome!  We used to have caravans to the show . .  Many years ago! 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

benlavigne

There is now a mention on the website about a 50-year Challenger anniversary display:
Dodge Challenger Celebrates 50 Years
Iconic E-Body Hits the Half Century Mark!
Be a part of the 50th anniversary celebration of the Dodge Challenger by bringing yours to the show. We will feature all years of Challengers from 1970 to 2020 in a special indoor display as well as on the Showfield. Classes will be available for all years and we want to see them all at the show! We want to see all available engine options, body styles and colors.

We're looking for some great Challengers restored to O.E. specs but we also want to showcase some with cool stories. We also encourage applications for cars with Old School paint, Day 2 mods and race cars. If you know us, then you know that we love original cars. That includes Survivors as well as cars in "as found" condition. And we're not looking for a building full of Hemi Challengers or even just R/Ts and Rallyes. We want to see some 318s and Slant Sixes in addition to the performance models.

If you have a Challenger that you think should be part of the Featured Vehicle Display...CLICK HERE.

There is also another section on AAR - T/A's

The AAR 'Cuda and Challenger T/A Turn 50 in 2020
Celebrate the 50th anniversary of Mopar's Trans Am cars!
Yes, we have celebrated the AAR & T/A in the past, but this one is going to be huge! This is 50 years of these iconic E-Bodies (and 50 years of the E-Body...and 50 years of the Challenger) and there is only ONE 50th anniversary so we're going to do it big. We'll have an indoor display, outdoor display, tent display, seminars, guests and more. We're even working on some special surprises, too.

An anniversary of this magnitude needs cars...lots of cars! We are looking for AARs and T/As of all colors and options. Of course, we're always looking for cars that are truly unique in some way. If you have an AAR or T/A, you are encouraged to go to www.CarlisleFeatures.com to submit an application. As always, we'll consider any car in any condition – they don't all have to be perfectly restored cars, especially if it has a cool story. We love 'em all; Survivors, race cars, Day 2 cars, Barn Finds, etc.

Even if you're not interested in participating in one of the special displays, you can always participate by registering for the Showfield. We want to make this the largest gathering of Mopar's Trans Am cars EVER but we need your help to do it!

Ben

Ben

Spikedog08

This coming year will be amazing!  All members should find a way to make it for the ebodies.org club annual meet!  We should have a great turnout and certainly a lot of fun!

:bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee