Main Menu

swap meet

Started by cuda hunter, July 16, 2017, 08:22:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Just curious if any of you guys/gals that went to the swap meets happened to see any M46 scoops while you were browsing?

Any original rear window louvers?   
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda Cody

I didn't see any on the few rows I went down.   :sorry:

Chryco Psycho

I was not specifically looking for them but I also did not see any there sorry

Brads70

I din't see any scoops but did see one original rear window louver , didn't pay close attention to it to see if it was Cuda or Challenger

cuda hunter

Quote from: Brads70 on July 17, 2017, 04:30:42 AM
I din't see any scoops but did see one original rear window louver , didn't pay close attention to it to see if it was Cuda or Challenger

Did you see a price on the louvers? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

fc7cuda

Pretty sure there were none there, unless they were sold prior to arrival.  :'(

Brads70

Quote from: cuda hunter on July 17, 2017, 06:27:04 AM

Sorry no I didn't. Wasn't on my "radar"

cuda hunter

Just curious about the louvers is all.   I've got a set of challenger louvers but need cuda and I'm always watching the value of originals.

ViperMan

The only time I even saw the swaps was when they made me drive in through gate 1 on Saturday - won't ever do that again!!  Other than that the weekend went so fast I never even got down there...

cuda hunter

At least you were having fun.  If you don't need parts there would be no need to go to the swap.
Would have loved to walk through all those awesome cars and be able to talk with fellow forum folks along with that. 

Maybe one of these days. 

torredcuda

Quote from: ViperMan on July 19, 2017, 04:30:42 AM
The only time I even saw the swaps was when they made me drive in through gate 1 on Saturday - won't ever do that again!!  Other than that the weekend went so fast I never even got down there...

They tried to tell me to go thru Gate 1 also but I ignored the guy and went thru the usual Gate 3 as I made that mistake years ago - nothing like trying to drive thru foot traffic and carts when nobody is paying attention!  :pullinghair:
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

anlauto

My Best Swap Meet finds:

Reproduction parts:
1) You can't beat @TONY 's new E Body ashtrays....beautiful reproduction....I bought 5 of them.....couldn't resist....
2) Not sure the manufacturer, but Jamie at Mega Parts was selling that little hook for the non-AC heater box
3) Of course Herb's Interior paint...Can't get enough of that stuff

Used Original Parts:
1) Came home with a nice E Body non-AC heater box core, slightly busted lip, but complete and clean $100.00
2) Also picked up some clean southern 340/383 E Body torsion bars for $20.00
3) NOS Challenger wheel lip moldings $400.00

Spent a total of $11K CDN :takemymoney: Overall, I say it was a successful "business trip"..... :clapping:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Crocha617

Quote from: cuda hunter on July 17, 2017, 06:27:04 AM

The louvers looked to be in great shape the guy was asking $1500 for the set. I did not come across any M46 Scoops and I visited just about every swap spot a couple of times.

Crocha617

Quote from: anlauto on July 19, 2017, 07:32:39 AM
My Best Swap Meet finds:

Reproduction parts:
1) You can't beat @TONY 's new E Body ashtrays....beautiful reproduction....I bought 5 of them.....couldn't resist....
2) Not sure the manufacturer, but Jamie at Mega Parts was selling that little hook for the non-AC heater box

Used Original Parts:
1) Came home with a nice E Body non-AC heater box core, slightly busted lip, but complete and clean $100.00

Spent a total of $11K CDN :takemymoney: Overall, I say it was a successful "business trip"..... :clapping:

$11k CDN ? You must've bought alot of Herb's paint???

anlauto

Quote from: Crocha617 on July 19, 2017, 09:38:36 AM
Quote from: anlauto on July 19, 2017, 07:32:39 AM
My Best Swap Meet finds:

Reproduction parts:

Used Original Parts:

$11k CDN ? You must've bought alot of Herb's paint???

About $8500 USD Total but only a couple of vendors:
My favorites:
Tony's
Mega Parts
RT Specialities
Accurate LTD
DMT
Antique Auto Battery
Herb's
Quanta
Dale's Cuda Shop
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration