Main Menu

340 days

Started by Chryco Psycho, August 06, 2017, 02:34:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Bullitt-

Quote from: blown motor on August 06, 2017, 05:08:29 PM
Coors Light is not beer. You need a real beer like Absent Landlord or Ransack the Universe.
Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 06, 2017, 05:27:54 PM
:iagree:   :haha:  Coors Light is pretty soft when it comes to beers, but they have a good taste to them. 

Didn't think politics or religion were open for discussion on E-B.O    :o
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Rev-It-Up

Quote from: RusTy/SE on August 06, 2017, 03:43:47 PM
Yep.  First workday of 2018 I am putting in for 3wks - before, during, and after the week of Carlisle 2018. 

I'm not taking any chances this time.    :bigthumb:

:banana:  :banana: Good thinking Russ!
Rev-It-Up

MEK-Dangerous

I'll launch the first grenade here...

I just made reservations at the Holiday Inn Express in New Cumberland for 2018. It's a straight shot down the turnpike from the fairgrounds(maybe 20 minutes). I think the toll might be $1.25 each way, but you can drive a little North of the Hotel on I-83 and take 581 to 11 into the fairgrounds too. Just some red lights to deal with there.   

I love you guys.   :)   I'll buy as much pizza as you can eat at the parking lot pizza party. I have to consult with Viperman if this will be Friday or Saturday night. I can't wait for 2018!

Cuda Cody

@MEK-Dangerous   Is this the same place we stay this year?

If I'm going to have a chance to beat you next year with my rental car, I better start working on my show sign now.  How about something like this?   8)   :haha: 

Quote from: MEK-Dangerous on August 07, 2017, 02:18:21 PM

I just made reservations at the Holiday Inn Express in New Cumberland for 2018. It's a straight shot down the turnpike from the fairgrounds(maybe 20 minutes). I think the toll might be $1.25 each way, but you can drive a little North of the Hotel on I-83 and take 581 to 11 into the fairgrounds too. Just some red lights to deal with there.   

I love you guys.   :)   I'll buy as much pizza as you can eat at the parking lot pizza party. I have to consult with Viperman if this will be Friday or Saturday night. I can't wait for 2018!

blown motor

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

You've got my vote.  :crazytalk: :crazytalk:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

ViperMan

I have to consult with Viperman if this will be Friday or Saturday night. I can't wait for 2018!

People really seemed to like the Friday night club dinner verses Saturday, though unfortunately our usual Saturday night parking lot party fizzled much earlier than usual...  Actually I think people stayed out the latest on Thursday night - even I was asleep in the hotel when Ashley finally came in for the night!

MEK-Dangerous

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 07, 2017, 04:26:09 PM
@MEK-Dangerous   Is this the same place we stay this year?

If I'm going to have a chance to beat you next year with my rental car, I better start working on my show sign now.  How about something like this?   8)   :haha: 

Very funny my friend!   :yes:

It is the same place we stayed at this year. 190 Beacon Hill Blvd. There is also the cheaper alternative of the Quality Inn at 175 Beacon Hill Blvd. That is where the parking lot pizza party is happening.

MEK-Dangerous

Quote from: ViperMan on August 08, 2017, 04:29:35 AM
I have to consult with Viperman if this will be Friday or Saturday night. I can't wait for 2018!

People really seemed to like the Friday night club dinner verses Saturday, though unfortunately our usual Saturday night parking lot party fizzled much earlier than usual...  Actually I think people stayed out the latest on Thursday night - even I was asleep in the hotel when Ashley finally came in for the night!

Jeff,

I like the Friday night club dinner too. It gave us a chance to unwind on Saturday night. The reason it fizzled out early is because we are getting old.   ::)

Reality bites some times, but that's the truth.

Cuda Cody

Also, it might be that the cars were trying to park close to us too.  Seemed like earlier in the evening we had plenty of space, but as the night went on the parking lot was getting full and cars were wanting to park where we were hanging out.  I think SpikeDogRules put up an empty pizza box to block people off from driving back there and someone just drove over it. 

Quote from: MEK-Dangerous on August 08, 2017, 01:29:16 PM
Quote from: ViperMan on August 08, 2017, 04:29:35 AM

Jeff,

I like the Friday night club dinner too. It gave us a chance to unwind on Saturday night. The reason it fizzled out early is because we are getting old.   ::)

Reality bites some times, but that's the truth.

blown motor

Why were we in the lower lot? Before it was in the upper lot and I think that would be less disruptive to other hotel guests. I think we have to be careful here. A lot of us taking up space in the parking lot were not staying at that hotel.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Spikedog08

We were in the lower lot because there was no light in the upper lot.  Next year we will move back to the upper lot and bring lights if needed
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

@Spikedog08  mentioned that he thought the rooms at Quality Inn at 175 Beacon Hill Blvd were a bit nicer then they had been in the past.  Sounded like they had new management too.  I think we might stay up there next year.  Is anyone else planning to stay up there?

Spikedog08

I only stayed there this year for the rate!  It costs a lot just to get to the show with about $100 dollars in tolls each way . . . $79 a night for the room is helpful.  I had a room at the Holiday Inn as well and didn't decide until I got there . . . If the Quality Inn didn't look better than last year, I was going across the street.  Low and behold . . . It did look better . . . So I stayed there.  Room was fine, had a fridge and microwave, air conditioning worked fine.  Not much of a breakfast but I usually don't eat in the morning anyways.   Yeah probably stay there again unless my wife comes . . . 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

MEK-Dangerous

Yeah,

We were in the lower parking lot of the Quality Inn this year. I felt kinda bad when cars were circling and looking for a parking space.

The upper lot is our usual haven. There was a burned out light bulb up there this year, so we'll give them a year to replace it. 

What I found funny was I parked my car in that upper lot Saturday night, and walked over to the Holiday Inn express. When I walked back the next morning, the upper lot was still empty. So nobody knows what a great party area this can be but us, given it is lit up again by next year.    :banana:

RzeroB

Hey, now it's only 318 days to Carlisle!! Woo-hoo!!  :banana:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)