Main Menu

1970 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible Hemi Cuda Convertible Tribute

Started by MasonDaniel7, April 08, 2022, 12:22:45 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MasonDaniel7

anlauto

Car would come alive with a set of rally wheels in my opinion  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

BH27G0B192203

I wonder what that fender tag has on it.....
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Mopsquad

Look to be well done overall.   Wonder what the seller wants for it.  I've seen a 71 6cyl hemi tribute cvt go for 150K on Hemmings auction.

RacerX

Quote from: anlauto on April 08, 2022, 04:11:53 AM

I agree...   if you are building a car like this that wasn't original anyway, why would you
go with the poverty wheels?   A few people like it, but many folks think it looks terrible on
a car like this.   Looks like it had four flat tires and somehow had room for four spares in
the trunk...   

I can't find any evidence to support it at the moment, but my understanding of this boring
wheel option was that people would select it when ordering a new vehicle that they intended
to remove the wheels anyway and put their own wheels and tires, presumably for racing.
It was the cheapest way to go for wheels they were going to remove.

anlauto

Quote from: Mopsquad on April 08, 2022, 09:39:44 AM
Look to be well done overall.   Wonder what the seller wants for it.  I've seen a 71 6cyl hemi tribute cvt go for 150K on Hemmings auction.

You should know what you paid for yours, what do you think it's worth ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda_mark

Quote from: RacerX on April 08, 2022, 10:54:20 AM
Quote from: anlauto on April 08, 2022, 04:11:53 AM

I agree...   if you are building a car like this that wasn't original anyway, why would you
go with the poverty wheels?   A few people like it, but many folks think it looks terrible on
a car like this.   Looks like it had four flat tires and somehow had room for four spares in
the trunk...   

I can't find any evidence to support it at the moment, but my understanding of this boring
wheel option was that people would select it when ordering a new vehicle that they intended
to remove the wheels anyway and put their own wheels and tires, presumably for racing.
It was the cheapest way to go for wheels they were going to remove.

Haha - I'm building the same car now (just a 426 though) in Vitamin C and I am planning on using the painted wheels. I just like the way it looks. I'm doing 15" pained wheels with bias ply and 15" rallye wheels with BF Good.

I personally love the painted wheel look. I had them on my Plum Crazy Challenger too.

cuda hunter

I did not get a fender tag readout, but I did get an answer that this car does not have an M46 code on the fender tag. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

MoparCarGuy

Last bid was $101,600 and was Reserve Not Met!

RzeroB

Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Mopsquad

Quote from: anlauto on April 08, 2022, 11:23:48 AM
Quote from: Mopsquad on April 08, 2022, 09:39:44 AM

You should know what you paid for yours, what do you think it's worth ?

I purchased mine in 2016 and paid market.  It was the downside of the hemi tribute market.  Wondering where prices are now, the Hemmings 150K is the highest I've seen yet.