Main Menu

1970 A66 Challenger

Started by Choppintime, February 10, 2018, 02:13:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Choppintime

Not my car. Going to post the owners contact number below. Contact him with questions.

'70 A66 Challenger - clear title, vin on dash matches rad support and cowl as well as door sticker. There is no fender tag and I looked in the usual places but found no broadcast sheet.

Originally an automatic, looks like jump was cut and a four speed swap was done. Has a non numbers '70 340 in it - not sure of trans.

Typical rust. Fenders look decent, hood and deckmlid decent. Passenger door is shot as well as passenger quarter. Rust around rear window and in trunk gutter. Interior is decent. 14" rally's.

Car is currently reddish, but original paint can be seen peaking out all over the car. Looks to be EB3 blue originally.
Needs a total restoration.

Call is located in Maplewood, NJ.

$10,000.00

Call Ira - (973) 464-6351

.   🛶

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuda Cody

Sad to see this one without a fender tag.  Looks like a fun project, but it's going to take someone that really wants to save it to make it happen.

Choppintime

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 10, 2018, 06:25:12 PM
Sad to see this one without a fender tag.  Looks like a fun project, but it's going to take someone that really wants to save it to make it happen.
Agreed. Was hoping I found the broadcast sheet but didn't happen.

Engine actually runs. Owner sent me a video this evening of him starting it!

anlauto

What makes you think it's an automatic car ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Someone can work with it at the price I suppose, I would pass though. I prefer western cars.
Sheldon

Choppintime

The floor area has been cut where the transmission is. I didn't see this area. My buddy, who initially saw the car on a lift told me. From up top it looks right - going by what he told me.

Choppintime

No reverse light in dash either.

anlauto

I guess....It just looks like the parts have been there a long time, looks like original carpet :alan2cents: and a firewall bracket....but I see the rally dash was added too ?

FYI.. the standard E Body transmission would have been a three speed which DID NOT have reverse lights on the dash.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

61K T/A

It's beyond my budget to do a restoration. I would make it a RatRod and have some fun with it.    :burnout:

71GranCoupe

With the amount of rust showing, I would have to really question the underside as well.  :stop:  Best thing going is the EB3 paint code that it appears was factory.  :banana:

Choppintime

Good point, could have been a 3 speed. I did not see the underside of the car. Car has been started and it runs and drives. Clutch is in working order.

Big project. The EB3 does make the car intriguing.

340challconvert

Hope someone picks it up.
Could be a cool car for someone willing to do some work.
Hate to see them sit in this condition!
:wrenching:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

anlauto

It's so unfortunate in this day and age that the cost of the entry price and the over-all cost of restoring the car back to 100% stock is so astronomically higher then the value of the finished car, that it makes no sense for anybody to consider bringing cool cars like this back to new again.

This is a very cool car in a rare colour and great combo of options :drooling: just imagine what it would look like restored back to original... :twothumbsup:  sad it will likely never happen... :crying:

HP_Cuda

All it would take someone like Alan to give a discount to bring this baby back!

:banana: :D
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

Like I said...unfortunate ....$10K to buy $60K to restore back to new again....$70K for a 340 70 Challenger... :dunno: :o :'(