Main Menu

1970 AAR FY1 Lemon Twist 4spd

Started by LoStHeMi, March 19, 2024, 02:57:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

BS23J0B305111

Nice looking ride!!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

MoparCarGuy

Fender Tag and Broadcast Sheet for BS23J0B305111.
SPD 414 (April 14, 1970).

tparker

Nice car. But that pic on the home page is awful colorwise. LOL, for the amount it's gonna draw, you would think they would at least pick a photo  that show cased the vibrant yellow  on the home page. I love the black and Yellow look. I am  not a yellow car person  but I fell in love with my challenger very quickly.

TX9AAR

Built a day before my AAR and it went to the same dealer as mine. Northside Motors in Miami Florida

TX9AAR

Question on the reproduction window sticker, the sticker says it is a  Y16 sales bank car but it has a persons name and address in the sold to part of the window. I don't know much about window stickers, but the way I think if it was a sales bank car it wouldn't have a persons  name in the sold to section and the ship to and sold to would be the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated

cuda hunter

Quote from: TX9AAR on March 25, 2024, 10:27:19 PMQuestion on the reproduction window sticker, the sticker says it is a  Y16 sales bank car but it has a persons name and address in the sold to part of the window. I don't know much about window stickers, but the way I think if it was a sales bank car it wouldn't have a persons  name in the sold to section and the ship to and sold to would be the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Good Question....
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Ricomondo

Quote from: TX9AAR on March 25, 2024, 10:27:19 PMQuestion on the reproduction window sticker, the sticker says it is a  Y16 sales bank car but it has a persons name and address in the sold to part of the window. I don't know much about window stickers, but the way I think if it was a sales bank car it wouldn't have a persons  name in the sold to section and the ship to and sold to would be the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I have not seen this before on an original monroney sticker with Y16, but that's not to say it is not possible.
One possible theory is since this is a reproduction window sticker, a prior owner (or the current one) had his info placed in that section, as that is an option on the repop stickers?
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

TX9AAR

@Ricomondo thats what I was assuming, I just don't know much about monroney stickers. On an ordered car from that era did they put the person's name and address on it in the Sold to section? I know when I ordered my truck in 1997 it had my name on the sticker

Ricomondo

Quote from: TX9AAR on March 27, 2024, 03:20:45 PM@Ricomondo thats what I was assuming, I just don't know much about monroney stickers. On an ordered car from that era did they put the person's name and address on it in the Sold to section? I know when I ordered my truck in 1997 it had my name on the sticker

In my travels, I have only seen one of three things on a 69/70/71 Dodge/Plymouth monroney label in the "SOLD TO" section-

Selling dealer -
SALES BANK-
Chrysler Corporation-

1st sticker - 69 Daytona - sales bank car

2nd sticker - 71 Coronet

3rd sticker -  71 Challenger - SOLD car

4th sticker - Y41 MSO

5th sticker - 71 GTX - Sales bank

Again, just my experience and I'm by no means an expert.
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

cuda hunter

Interesting, thanks for the information Ricomondo.

Perhaps there is more info out there, @6bblgt    Any help on this? 

6bblgt

pretty much covered above - there have been "novelty" reproduction window stickers for decades, the details & accuracy of the information varies

also, there were NO Monroney labels for Y07 "CANADA spec." vehicles

TX9AAR

Thanks everyone for sharing  your knowledge