Main Menu

1970 AAR In-Violet, column auto original owner..?

Started by LoStHeMi, September 08, 2020, 03:45:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ply64post

Yes this is an original owner car, was bought new in New Jersey. I have known the car all its life.

DeathProofCuda

So tempting if it wasn't for the column shift auto... :Thud:

anlauto

Quote from: DeathProofCuda on September 09, 2020, 12:01:35 PM

I think if I had to have the column shift auto, I would want the bench seat as well to be different. :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RzeroB

:thinking:  I wonder how many buyers were surprised when their car arrived and it had the auto on the column?? If you wanted an auto, and for whatever reason checking the C16 console option was overlooked ... surprise, your auto was on the column.
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

DeathProofCuda

Probably not very many overall, but I'm still always surprised by the number of Hemis, AAR/TAs, and other high performance E-Bodies that came equipped with column shift automatics.  Anybody have the numbers?

RzeroB

Quote from: DeathProofCuda on September 09, 2020, 03:17:23 PM
Probably not very many overall, but I'm still always surprised by the number of Hemis, AAR/TAs, and other high performance E-Bodies that came equipped with column shift automatics.  Anybody have the numbers?

You and me both!!
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

blown motor

Quote from: anlauto on September 09, 2020, 12:45:47 PM

I think if I had to have the column shift auto, I would want the bench seat as well to be different. :bigthumb:

You don't need that Alan. You're already different.  :pokeeye:
Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

headejm

@6bblgt Any data on column shifted E-bodies?

RzeroB

Of the Hemi E-Bodies that I'm aware of there are a surprising number of them that are column shift equipped. I have 50 of them recorded: 29 '70 Cuda's, 13 '70 Challengers (RT's and RT/SE's combined), 5 '71 Cuda's and 3 '71 Challengers.

In fact, thee very first column shift E-body that I ever saw was of all things a '71 HemiCuda that was present at the 1986 Power in the Pines meet at the Kirkwood ski resort in California. I was totally flabbergasted when I saw it ... I didn't even know you could get a bench seat and a column shift automatic in an E-Body at the time. It's the black and white V02 car. Our friend Dan is very familiar with it. Here's a couple of pics of the car.
Cheers!
Tom

Spikedog08

Something else that surprises me is that car comes with a standard dash?  I would of thought all hemi cars would have a rallye dash with the tach?  Makes sense to me anyways . . . :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

RzeroB

Quote from: Spikedog08 on September 10, 2020, 08:05:39 AM
Something else that surprises me is that car comes with a standard dash?  I would of thought all hemi cars would have a rallye dash with the tach?  Makes sense to me anyways . . . :dunno:

I agree ... it does make sense to me too ... but on the Cuda's you had to opt for it unlike the Challenger RT's where it was standard.  :looney:
Cheers!
Tom

js27

Wow-looks very original and in great shape. I am amazed that the paint held up so well. Didn't they have issues with the FC7 paint flaking off ?
JS27