Main Menu

1970 Challenger 340 for sale

Started by E74cuda, July 24, 2019, 12:15:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

E74cuda

1970 Challenger 340, automatic. This is a rust free original sheet metal life long California car. I basically completed the restoration several months ago and have put about 600 miles on it. It's a well optioned LA built car with it's original engine, transmission and rear end. Original fender tag, dash tag, door sticker and body numbers. Notable options are A63, Challenger molding group, A66 which included 340, rallye suspension including rear sway bar, 26 inch radiator, Bumble Bee stripe. This car also is a 15x7 rallye wheel car. A91, Western Sport Special package which included rear finish panel, exterior moldings, bumper guards, pedal dress up, standard gauge dash wood grain and more. This option was available through California Dodge dealers on the standard Challenger only including 340 only. I think there's around six 340 cars known with this option according to the guys that keep track. Power steering, power front disc brakes, console shift, headlight time delay, and a/c which is complete but not working. Original Bright Red exterior, red interior with white vinyl top and white stripe. Original or correct air cleaner, carb, distributor, valve covers, exhaust manifolds, radiator, alternator, fan and more. New wire harness with the exception of the nice original dash harness. New brakes and exhaust. Completely rebuilt suspension including steering box. This car runs and drives nicely and is one of the most rust free cars that I've ever had. Sold. Thanks

anlauto

This car will sell very quickly in my opinion  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kawahonda

An original beauty, and it's priced very well for an A66, even with the TTI exhaust which really sounds good and closer to stock than most would imagine!
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

anlauto

Quote from: kawahonda on July 24, 2019, 12:34:28 PM
An original beauty, and it's priced very well for an A66, even with the TTI exhaust which really sounds good and closer to stock than most would imagine!

Where do you see TTI exhaust ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Husk Challenger

Wow  great car, i love it!

Good luck with the sale
Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!

benlavigne

Wow! A66 and Western Sport Special!

Ben

70 Challenger Lover

I sure do love that red interior!

6pack

kawahonda

Quote from: anlauto on July 24, 2019, 12:37:50 PM

I saw those hangers, and I immediately thought TTI. My muffler shop blacked mine out to hide it even without my asking for it, otherwise they thought the TTI was pretty top-class.

But looking closer I see that there are rear mufflers/resonators in place. Either way, with a TTI or with stock exhaust, it won't make a difference in price. Nice looking car and exhaust! I would blacken the hangers though! Personally, I would take no less than 55k for it......A66s IMO are worth just as much as 383 R/Ts....and this so happens to be a well-optioned A66. The price is a steal IMO.

I would have some minor reservations that could be solved immediately with some restoration pictures, which I'm sure you took. The pentastar logos should NOT be painted over. Curious why V8 badge isn't present (maybe just an "LA" build thing). If they are, it's likely a sign that other things were painted over when you look up close. Honestly, nothing else comes out to mind....looks like it's a lucky A66 to get the real hood badges and the 15" ralleyes.....my early got the label and the 14"s. Not trying to take this into the deep end...just some observations from a 34 year old who is turning 60 next year. LOL :pixiepop:

70 Challenger Lover

I have a 383 RT I'll trade! Haha. I think the a66 Challengers are awesome cars.

benlavigne

Quote from: kawahonda on July 24, 2019, 07:23:02 PM
Quote from: anlauto on July 24, 2019, 12:37:50 PM

I saw those hangers, and I immediately thought TTI. My muffler shop blacked mine out to hide it even without my asking for it, otherwise they thought the TTI was pretty top-class.

But looking closer I see that there are rear mufflers/resonators in place. Either way, with a TTI or with stock exhaust, it won't make a difference in price. Nice looking car and exhaust! I would blacken the hangers though! Personally, I would take no less than 55k for it......A66s IMO are worth just as much as 383 R/Ts....and this so happens to be a well-optioned A66. The price is a steal IMO.

I would have some minor reservations that could be solved immediately with some restoration pictures, which I'm sure you took. The pentastar logos should NOT be painted over. Curious why V8 badge isn't present (maybe just an "LA" build thing). If they are, it's likely a sign that other things were painted over when you look up close. Honestly, nothing else comes out to mind....looks like it's a lucky A66 to get the real hood badges and the 15" ralleyes.....my early got the label and the 14"s. Not trying to take this into the deep end...just some observations from a 34 year old who is turning 60 next year. LOL :pixiepop:

Do you have a broascast sheet dor yours? i think the hood decals and V8 badges were on early cars, but these should also have 15" wheels that were part of the original package. This is a later build in 1970 after they made 14" wheels and full size spare standard, so if it came with 15, they were an optional extra (or part of the WSS package?)
Nice also that they did not add the wheelwell moldings like on moat restored A66 (like mine...)

Ben

kawahonda

Mine was an early November build '69 A66. Everything matches as such, 64k miles. No such thing as hood metal badges and 15" ralleyes then...that happened shortly after...but I heard Dodge made a weird switch where they went back and forth...perhaps anlauto can fill us in.

I don't have broadcast sheet...LA cars rarely EVER had broadcast sheets. I searched high and low on a one-owner A66 car...

6bblgt

early A66 cars, September/October of 1969 had 15x7.0" W21 rallyes included in the original $258 package

by November the package changed (~$190)     *****     10/28/69 is the earliest broadcast sheet I have a copy of with RWL F70-14 Goodyear POLYGLAS tires on a A66 car

6bblgt

kawahonda

Yea, I had it backwards, right? Still hard for me to learn.

EARLY A66s had 15" ralleyes.....did they have the decal or the metal badge? My guess is the decal absolutely...logic makes no sense otherwise.

Starting in late October, sounds like price cut time as they started doing 14" Ralleyes at least until December....and for SURE these had decals....because in november they were not drilling holes in hoods yet for badges....

Still leaves many empty questions.....

When did Dodge go to metal hood badges.....certainly not with my LA November build....must have been after. December?

Did Dodge ever go back to 15" ralleyes, or did they continue 14" for the rest of the year....I feel like I'm a rarity with 14"-'ers. Not much else I have talked to has the 14" problem that has an ebody. Taking a general guess on the consensus,  MOST bodies did not have the weak 14" rallyes if you poll them all. Maybe 10%? Maybe 5%? 14" sucks!

Curious, what about '71 year, did Dodge continue the 14" Rallies for any of the models? I'd think that they switched back to 15" for the rest of time at this point....

Anyways, regarding mine, the hood decal has the same amount of the coolness than the metal badge does, but the little wheels......"this will not stand"......my 15" Magnums look WAY better and was the single best thing I did so far to my A66. It transformed from grandpa's car to "cool car" immediately.

AFAIK, I have a "late early" A66 1970 challenger. It had zero hole spots on the hood. How many A66's can you find that had the decal? Not much. But it had 14" ralleyes. November of '69. I can thumb up an exact date, but for some reason I would think you may have already recorded it. :)

The A66 is the twilght zone of Challengers. "di-niw-nen new di-niw-nen new"