Main Menu

1970 Challenger PROJECT

Started by farmboy70, November 11, 2018, 06:42:34 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Morty426

Quote from: anlauto on November 12, 2018, 03:29:13 AM
Well maybe not, but if you take a $15K 318 project car, finish the body and paint to a show standard, add a ton of options including a rare sunroof, nice interior, etc...etc...you will likely spend more then $40K  :alan2cents:

Hey don't try your fancy math on me Mr. Fancypants  :fingerscrossed:

farmboy70

I knew I would hear this.
Well lets build my car.
First you need a super clean , no panel replacement body. 10 to 18
Or a typical  rust project  8 to 10 Plus AMD catalog  5k
Sunroof and power windows   6k Good luck
Dana with disc brakes   3500.00
New interior    6k gauges, seats, door panels, carpet , headliner, dash pad ect
Gator grain  1200.00 do they still make it?
Bright work grill trim ect restored   3500.00
Wheels    1500.00
Stereo   1000.00
Frame ties 250.00
Rotisserie restore  This depends if you can do it your self and your time is free. If not you need to pay someone.
25000.00 to 30000.00
Small parts, wiper motor, fuel lines, brake lines , e brake cables ect 5000.00

Now Im sure I have missed something but you get the idea.

Now understand I am not angry ,But we all know how this gos .Cant spend 40k on this project so people buy that  rusty car and spend more money and way more time. Usually 5 years later still not done, they lose interest and sell it off to the next person who dreams of a muscle car.

This car is not for everyone either, but I feel worth the asking price. If I am wrong , well so be it.
Dave

Morty426

Dave,

Understood the logic you would use to explain the price even before you explained it. 

If you can find someone who wants to build out that car with that very unique style than all the more power to you. 

And yes you can still buy a Gator Grain top but I don't think it's 100% accurate. 

Best of luck. 
Morty

HP_Cuda

Dave

Why not just finish it and sell it?

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

farmboy70

Short answer is no time. Out of places to put it while it is down.  Thought of hellcrate, small block, big block as I have k frame and some parts to do it.
If it doesn't sell Ill buy another storage container and put it away until time permits.
Dave

superdave

You are probably well aware of this but it will "rain" in those containers as atmospheric conditions change. Please consider adequate ventilation including fans I suppose an additional cover may suffice. I sell containers, seen it happen a lot. I tend to agree with your assessment by the way. Wish i had to funds to buy it from you. 8) :cheers:

ragtopdodge

Those containers are sweat boxes.

At least put lots of dehydration pellets in there if not run a de-humidifier.

anlauto

I rent these for storing customer's cars. They are new containers, insulated etc....I have the opposite problem....you drive a car in there, come back a week later and the fumes are still trapped inside....not complaining, they are super dry all year round... :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

farmboy70

farmboy70

Ad updated with complete front suspension.
Dave

farmboy70

Price drop 35000.00 or best offer.

aussiemark

If it was a good body to start with and has original parts I can see the value just put your engine and trans and drive it, sure beats getting grinding dust in your eyes or mig weld splatter down your ear hole.

RUNCHARGER

Yep: Where I live you could spend that on body and paint pretty quick.
Sheldon

farmboy70

All true, if you buy a rusty body and everything to build it ... way over my price.
This car is all original body except trunk floor and Dutchman.
Dave