Main Menu

1970 Challenger R/T SE 383 4 spd FF4

Started by LoStHeMi, October 18, 2020, 03:22:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Very optimistic asking price for a 383 car  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

it recently sold at auction for $80 CAN - IIRC, there was a thread here or Moparts

Mike Ross (Jay Leno's agent) owned the car & had it at spring fling one year, now it's "celebrity owned"  :crazytalk:

ragtopdodge

Rather have the 440 RT/SE 4-speed that was on BAT.  I bet it's cheaper (didn't make reserve) than this 383 car.

chris NOS

i feel the asking price for all the e-body are on the rise in the last 12 months...excepting V CODE AND HEMI that are keeping the same value on last year...
but i can say the same on regular mustangs ,looks like the US market is strong ...

RUNCHARGER

I think you're right. The U, V and R-code cars are becoming the better value IMO.
Sheldon

headejm

You have to admit that is a very nice looking car. Doesn't really matter what price is being asked, you can still appreciate how cool that car is (especially with the houndstooth interior and 4-speed).  :cheers:

serpiko

Maybe the seller is hoping that the "celebrity owned" factor will help

MONC

Quote from: headejm on October 20, 2020, 03:06:54 PM
You have to admit that is a very nice looking car. Doesn't really matter what price is being asked, you can still appreciate how cool that car is (especially with the houndstooth interior and 4-speed).  :cheers:

Agreed, except I don't consider that houndstooth interior.
This is houndstooth interior :

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MONC

From that pic I can see that Alan.
The one in the car mentioned is a tighter pattern though.

Maybe a pic from Barry's site would help.
Technically I think Dodge just called in cloth and vinyl anyhow , lol.

https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/colorAndTrim/1971/71_Challenger0004.jpg

https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/colorAndTrim/1970/70_Challenger0007.jpg

6bblgt

this is "HOUNDSTOOTH"
at Plymouth 1970, it was available in a Gran Coupe Barracuda & in limited numbers in 'Cuda (cloth inserts available in black/white & black/burnt orange)

FoMoCo used it on interiors & vinyl tops - '69 Camaro had a number of colored interiors with it

6bblgt

this is "PLAID"
it was used on '71 Challenger (in black/white, black/orange & green/white) also used on Demon, Duster & others

6bblgt

this is "SALT & PEPPER"

cloth insert material used on '70 Challengers (available in black/white, black/blue, black/orange & black/green)  :takealook:

MONC

Dan's the man. thanks for the pics.
Do you have any factory literature that shows Plaid vs Houndstooth vs Salt and Pepper?
All I could find was it described as cloth inserts.