Main Menu

71 Barracuda Base Convertible on eBay

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, May 02, 2023, 12:25:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

Here's mine. Wasn't going to post it unless the bids got into the respectable range. Hit $85k today so that certainly qualifies.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/266236936739?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=Zf4bmis3Sg-&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=Zf4bmis3Sg-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Mr Cuda

Unless you are going to transfer directly into something else,  I'd have second thoughts.
No doubt,  it will go much higher.
Thise are the most pictures I've seen of yours.  Looks very nice.
I love the look of "plain"  barracuda's.
It's amazing how people will talk to you in a barracuda,  but in a Cuda,  you get some envy or attitude.
So now what?

70 Challenger Lover

I'm holding out for $105k which is pretty lofty. Good chance it won't go past mid nineties but I'm not desperate to sell it and it will probably be my last barracuda convertible. If by chance it sells, I'll try to get into a real Cuda hardtop.

ragtopdodge

Nice rig.

Might sell for more if you had a walkaround/driving video plus lots of pics of it underneath.

Cuda_mark

It really is a great looking car. I think you should hang onto it at all costs!

cudamadd

Nice looking car  hope you get your price cheers :australia:

70 Challenger Lover

I wish I had a lift but that's down the road still. All it would really show is an undercoated underside anyway which I tried to explain in my description. With an undercoated car like this, a serious buyer would be insane not to inspect every square inch on the underside which is what I did when I bought it.

So far, the bid is $85k and not a single bidder has contacted me by phone or eBay message which makes me think they are bidding within their comfort zone of an uninspected car.

Video isn't a bad idea. I'm really surprised no one has made any effort to get it inspected. 85k is a ton of money to put out there blindly.

anlauto

Also $85K reserve not met, so likely a lot of fishermen....a serious buyer will contact you, like after he sees what it is bid up too...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70 Challenger Lover

Great point. It's a good feeling to see that the 'fishermen' will go that high. Before I started, I expected any bargain hunters to drop out at 50k but 85k puts me in a betting spot for any serious bargaining later.

I've put feelers out over this past year and had two people say they were 'around ninety' which I interpreted to mean they might go a little higher but only if I would come down.

Hopefully, people do reach out after the auction and I get my asking. There's a killer 71 Cuda I have my eye on. Ev2 four speed 383 car.

Yellow71Cuda

Love the interior!  :wave:

ragtopdodge

Be aware that there possible/potential overseas buyers that would be interested that can't make the trip to look at the car.

I sold a car that got shipped to Switzerland.

Don't matter to me if someone can't view the car in person.  Money is money and the shipper contacts you for a pickup date.

That's why it's SUPER important that when selling on the internet, you get TONS of pictures and a few videos (walkaround/driving; upload to youtube and paste the link).

Ask your local muffler shop if you can give them $20 or so to put the car on a lift for you to take a ton of pictures.

70 Challenger Lover

I could see this going overseas too. Two of my cars have gone over there and European buyers seem to kick the tires a bit less from what I've seen.

Good advice on the muffler shop to get photos. Too late this time around but frankly, even if I had done it, all that would be visible is a sea of black undercoat. That's what the build sheet called for so that's what the shop did when they restored it per the previous owner's instructions.