Main Menu

1970 Challenger TA numbers matching project. Built for Canadian export

Started by Tntmeier, August 19, 2017, 07:35:21 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Tntmeier

I have a 1970 Challenger TA.  Have all original parts.  Numbers matching block.  Needs restoration.  Have broadcast sheet.  Broadcast sheet is marked with code for built for Canadian export.  Not sure but this may be very rare.  Go mango color.  Automatic.  Original hood perfect condition.  All original engine and carb parts. 

Cuda Cody

Any photos?   :takepicture:  Sounds like a very cool car.  I LOVE  :inlove: orange T/A's.

Cuda Cody

Hey, you are not far from me either.  @J-Code Jeni  can we get a T/A?  It's orange!!!!  :D

RUNCHARGER

Rallye dash? Console? Welcome from Chilliwack, B.C. Canada BTW, I'm not that far from you.
Sheldon

fc7cuda

Tntmeier

Yes on the console.  Stock dash.  I'll look for some pictures.  It's buried in storage.  I have owned it for 20 years.  I started disassembly but never finished.  Before I bought the car I had the previous owner disassemble the engine and magniflux the block to verify the original numbers matching block was in good shape.  It is and all original engine parts are there.  It does need a good body guy as there is rust in the frame rails and on firewall.  I have a doner front end for the fire wall parts.  Have purchased many OEM parts for the restoration.

Tntmeier

Does anyone know how many TA's were build for Canadian export?

Tntmeier

As a side note I also own a 70 Challenger RT 440 4 barrel with factory air.  Hoping to get enough from the TA to get the RT finished.  Any ideas???

1 Wild R/T

Welcome to the site!!  We were "warned" you might be coming... 

https://forum.e-bodies.org/cuda-and-challenger-general-discussion/2/-ta-owner-directed-here/3289/msg47878;topicseen#new

Both cars are cool... Good that your wanting to get something going with them...

J-Code Jeni

Welcome to the site, @Tntmeier , we're glad you found us! Sounds like you've started to do some work on the TA, including assessing what needs to be done. Good on you! Pics would be so helpful. Did you bring the car into the States 20 years ago?

Ha ha, let's just find out more about the car first, @Cuda Cody  :haha:

Tntmeier

Yes.  Todd Hoffman from Hoffman's Winners Circle in Medford Oregon knew of the car and he went to Canada and picked it up for me.  I'll try to get to storage and takes some pictures today.

303 Mopar

One of my favorite colors on a T/A!  Post pics when you can, this would be a cool project!    :banana:

Cuda Cody

I'm excited to see some photos.  For what it's worth, Chuck and Linda Hoffman were just here at my place on Friday.  Small world.

Quote from: Tntmeier on August 20, 2017, 06:59:38 AM
Yes.  Todd Hoffman from Hoffman's Winners Circle in Medford Oregon knew of the car and he went to Canada and picked it up for me.  I'll try to get to storage and takes some pictures today.

71vert340

Glad to see you joined us Ted. I was hoping so after we ran into each other yesterday. Let me know what I can do to help.
Terry

cbuczesk