Main Menu

1970 Challenger V code EF8

Started by LoStHeMi, February 23, 2023, 03:34:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mr Cuda

Picture for posterity.  No vin

JH27N0B

Wow cool, but big bucks.
Maybe looks familiar, was that one of the cars the guy who ran a shaker registry owned?
I don't recall his name now off the top of my head, but I think he lived in Florida and owned 2 or 3 N96 Challengers, and sadly passed away of cancer around 2010.

VCODE

Quote from: JH27N0B on February 23, 2023, 04:47:41 PM
Wow cool, but big bucks.
Maybe looks familiar, was that one of the cars the guy who ran a shaker registry owned?
I don't recall his name now off the top of my head, but I think he lived in Florida and owned 2 or 3 N96 Challengers, and sadly passed away of cancer around 2010.

I know he had and sold a Hemi F8 Challenger Shaker Car to guy I know in NY
it was Dan Banker / RIP
Bob

JH27N0B

I'd thought he had a F8 Challenger, hadn't recalled the engine though.
Challenger N96 builds were so limited in 1970 there couldn't have been many F8 ones. At least 2 though!
I'd looked at a B5 hemi Challenger with a shaker for sale in WI when I was in college 41 years ago. I'll never forget getting there on a cold February day with snow everywhere, the owner saw my Bronco I drove up there and drooled over it and brought up the idea of a trade.  I didn't want to let go of my Bronco and ended up making a cash offer but he apparently got a higher offer, one of my life's regrets. Late model Broncos were for sale everywhere then, I could have traded and bought another Bronco back in Chicago quickly!  :pullinghair:
Anyway, around 2005 I'm at a car show and see a restored hemi B5 shaker Challenger there. The woman sitting by the car, the owners wife I think, basically just blew me off when I mentioned the car I'd looked at in 82 and wondered if it was the same car.
I later mentioned it on Moparts and ended up exchanging some PMs with Dan Banker, from the info I provided he suspected it was the same car, the "one that got away". Good guy, he'd put a lot of time into documenting N96 Challengers.

Culvers