Main Menu

1970 Cuda 440-6 Pack 32,101 Original Miles OE Restored

Started by B5Cuda440-6, April 07, 2018, 01:07:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

B5Cuda440-6

Selling my 1970 Cuda 440-6 Pack Console Automatic, 4:10 Dana. I've listed the car on e-bay, so please reference the add at the link below for details.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymouth-Barracuda-Cuda/123064994837?hash=item1ca73ecc15:g:abwAAOSw~JpayRL7&vxp=mtr

This car was in California from new up until I had it trailered to Indiana in 2005. Since then, I've invested over $60,000 in NOS parts for the car to compete at an OE level. Please feel free to call at 317-417-7564 or PM if you, or someone you know has interest. I have many more photos and a video of the car I can forward as well.

Thank you,

Rob

anlauto

I know you've been working on this restoration for a while now :drooling: the results are stunning, has the car ever properly been judge at an OE event like the Nationals or Carlisle ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

RUNCHARGER

Beautiful car, I always wanted to see photos of it. You deserve a very good price for it.
Sheldon

750-h2

B5Cuda440-6

Thanks for the good feedback everyone! You guys are really great, which is one of the reasons I visit this forum so frequently. I always learn a lot and enjoy the comradery.

No, I've never had the car judged. But I believe it would do very well if I did. I've been working on it on and off for several years, but really focused on it very hard over the past 3 years. There is so much NOS date coded stuff on this car, it's amazing when I look back and think about all I've bought for it.

I would appreciate if you would help get the word out that It's for sale. I think word of mouth is the best bet sometimes. I'm hoping it will go to someone who values and appreciates e-bodies and the hard work it takes to restore these types of cars. It's truly a very solid, California car with a good history that has been VERY well cared for. Even before I owned it.

Rob

nsmall

Opening bid has been made   :bradsthumb:

Good luck with the sale.  Sounds like a real special car with no shortcuts taken.

HEMICUDA

That is without question one of the nicest 6bbl Cudas I've seen restored with an "OE" theme in mind.  At a glance, there are several things that I would correct:

1. Your painted screw on the fender tags should be the middle one.
2. No assembly line parts will have "Made in Canada" stencils on it like the shaker hood seal.
3. Transmission cross member bolts are in backwards.
4. Missing the bracket that mounts off the starter bolt that holds the trans cooling lines.
5. (Not an easy fix) Rear valance is not correct, coded for "Noise reduction" turn downs.
6. The sealer used when dipping the body at the LA plant was so dark it looked black.
7. Shaker bubble has way to much red oxide primer on the underside.

That's at a glance at a few pictures.  There's a reason why true "OE" restored cars are so few and far between, it's extremely difficult.  I've restored many cars with an "OE" theme, I have no interest restoring a car to the level it takes to be judged true "OE correct".   

750-h2

Quote from: HEMICUDA on April 08, 2018, 12:02:11 AM
That is without question one of the nicest 6bbl Cudas I've seen restored with an "OE" theme in mind.  At a glance, there are several things that I would correct:

2. No assembly line parts will have "Made in Canada" stencils on it like the shaker hood seal.
4. Missing the bracket that mounts off the starter bolt that holds the trans cooling lines.
5. (Not an easy fix) Rear valance is not correct, coded for "Noise reduction" turn downs.
6. The sealer used when dipping the body at the LA plant was so dark it looked black.

That's at a glance at a few pictures.  There's a reason why true "OE" restored cars are so few and far between, it's extremely difficult.  I've restored many cars with an "OE" theme, I have no interest restoring a car to the level it takes to be judged true "OE correct".

Are you sure the cross member bolts are in backwards?  They look right to me.

mjb765

one bad fish

Quote from: 750-h2 on April 08, 2018, 05:34:41 AM

Are you sure the cross member bolts are in backwards?  They look right to me.

What he said...they look right.

fc7cuda

That is without question one of the nicest 6bbl Cudas I've seen restored with an "OE" theme in mind.

:iagree:

I've had the pleasure of getting to know Rob and I have seen this car in person. It is a stunning car that looks better in person than what's shared in these pics.  The attention to detail and quality of each part Rob has touched and/or replaced is of the highest standard for our cars today.  The quantity and amount spent on the sizeable volume of NOS parts was done with correct OE standards in mind.  This car could not have had a better steward, and the next owner will only find very little to improve it further.

If anyone is considering a V code N96 Cuda, you need to see this car!  If a few changes are made that Mike suggested, then I believe this car goes on to get an OE award.  :alan2cents:

Tom Dillinger

750-h2

I wouldn't think Dave Walden would have his cross member bolts installed backwards on his award winning OE 1970 Challenger. Here is a picture.

Morty426

Rob - I put up a listing for you too. 

Good luck on the sale and I'll pass the word. 

HEMICUDA

Quote from: 750-h2 on April 08, 2018, 10:30:02 AM
I wouldn't think Dave Walden would have his cross member bolts installed backwards on his award winning OE 1970 Challenger. Here is a picture.

Nope, you wouldn't.