Main Menu

1970 Plymouth Cuda 383 4 spd WA Craigs

Started by mopartaz, May 01, 2020, 02:57:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

headejm

That car has some serious potential.  Need to see a broadcast sheet and/or fender tag. :ohyeah:

71vert340

Not as much rust as I thought there would be since Bellingham is on north end of Puget Sound and the damp salt air hits everything hard. It will be interesting to see what they get for it.
Terry

JS29

That will be interesting to see the sale price on it. not a bad project.  :popcorn:

71vert340

If you look at the air cleaner in the engine shot, that is what the salt air does to everything in the Puget sound area. They get the fog and it settles on everything and puts a rusty and/or white crust on it. Terrible. The passenger side rear quarter looks the worst but no telling.
Terry

71vert340

When I lived in the Puget Sound area, I parted several Challengers and many of the nuts/ bolts either snapped off or I had to grind them off due to rust and the corrosion to remove bumpers, fenders, etc. It can be bad.
Terry

Topcat

This car so totally reminds me of @jamesroney  Cuda.

And it was from Seattle as well. Book-ends.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 71vert340 on May 01, 2020, 03:19:31 PM
Not as much rust as I thought there would be since Bellingham is on north end of Puget Sound and the damp salt air hits everything hard. It will be interesting to see what they get for it.
Terry

I lived in Santa Cruz for a couple years, fourth house back from the beach... If you left something out overnight any bare metal was showing rust within the next couple days....  But I glass beaded a dual snorkel air cleaner & it sat in my garage completely bare for nearly three months & didn't show a speck of rust.... So if the car was really kept inside it could be fine & in the pictures it appears to be pretty good.... As we all know personal inspection could change that opinion pretty quickly...

JS29

Condensation is bad in my neck of the woods, That alone can cause rust.  :crying:

EV2RTSE

That thing looks to be a cream puff as far as e-body projects go, especially these days with all of the low-hanging fruit picked off a long time ago. Back east here we have road salt in the winters and then high humidity in the summer to really put the icing on the cake.

FIAARMN

Anybody know what the market price is for this vehicle or what he is asking?
1970 AAR Cuda Limelight Green,White Interior, - Hamtramck Built 36k miles, Verified All Numbers Match - Broadcast Sheet, Warranty Card & Window Sticker!

RUNCHARGER

Just a guess but I would think it is worth about $30k-$35k as is. The ad leads me to believe they don't know what it is worth and are just fishing probably hoping for $60k due to the last BJ auction they watched on TV.
I wouldn't restore that car, I would clean it up and drive it.
Sheldon

LoStHeMi

... i like it... i wonder if they cranked it over...?    new battery in there...