Main Menu

1970 Dodge Challenger 340 T/A matching numbers original CA craigs

Started by mopartaz, June 29, 2020, 01:06:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

I like it, pretty sure we talked about it last year. The interior and dent on the right rear look familiar.
Sheldon

JS29

rebelyell

solesurvivor

I already have one. But I would buy this one for sure if I was still in the market. There is some hokey stuff on it. But nothing that you cant find OEM and replace. But not at $62K or 60K. Probably no more than $54000. Offer $48K first as its been on sale for a while. Hell, they even have a video. They are not hiding anything. But they also don't know as much as we do as far as looking for warning signs. Lots of documentation.

1 Wild R/T

My advice? In person inspection before you purchase.... Can't say it's the same car but back in the 90's the was a T/A in the area that was a rebody.. Can't remember if it was Hemi Orange or Rally Red... But it too had the antenna in the front fender.....

Bossgold

This car has been for sale for some time now. It started at $ 65 then $ 62 now $ 60 in Craigslist.  If you look closely at the Hemmings pictures the car is a little beat up (passenger rear quarter dented). Plus Red with Tan interior? Originally they tried the 'its Rare' combo but in all my years of the car hobby that's code for nobody else was dumb enough to buy it. So my guess is enough people have seen this car over time and no one is enamored with it. So until it hits the mid to low 50K will it have a chance to sell.

floorit426

:iagree:
Another case of "I love it, as long as it's not in my garage".

RUNCHARGER

The interior colour wouldn't be my first choice but at $60k I'm not sure I could live with all the dents and shiny black paint alright. It's a good solid car though and I prefer that to Taiwan metal with 1/4" of high solids underneath the clearcoat paint.
Sheldon

DeathProofCuda

So just for the sake of discussion, for $60K would you rather have this numbers matching TA with odd interior color combo, or this A66 car?

https://forum.e-bodies.org/cars-for-sale-or-wanted/8/1970-dodge-challenger-a66-340-4-speed-manual-original/17004/

js27

Neat car-priced a bit high though. Yes it is a original but it has some issues.

JS27

LoStHeMi

some like it, some don't..... priced a bit high for me ... but,,, i like it..... it has character and a story... and it would stay in my garage until my boy told me i was too old to shift it...   :popcorn: