Main Menu

1970 Dodge Challenger 426-HEMI Dual-Carb Shaker 4-Speed

Started by MasonDaniel7, March 24, 2021, 12:25:12 AM

Previous topic Next topic

6pack

I seen that listing last night.  Hard to build for that cash and time waiting to finish.  Needs a Dana and maybe a 18 spline.  I am sure folks here will pick it apart.  Bolt ins can be corrected.  In the end there are people that own a Hemi Cuda and those that don't.  Makes me want to sell one of my chevelles.

6bblgt

car belonged to an E-bodies member from NC? & was for sale here ~2 years ago, new owner in NJ has listed it on eBay a number of times

RUNCHARGER

Yeah: I'd change a bunch of stuff on it, however the price seems to be in line or close to being reasonable I think.
Sheldon

ragtopdodge

Real R/T car, but no idea if it's an original four-speed car?

If it is, and it can be proven it is, and the trunk and underneath looks good, then maybe $70k would be ok.

Iron-headed Hemi...oh man, lot of weight on the front.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6pack

i call clones when a person puts R/T badges on a plain Challenger or badges a Barracuda to a 'Cuda.  Not just an engine swap.  This is a real R/T.  Most 50 year old cars do not have the original engines in them.  But everyone is entitled to their definition of a clone.

ragtopdodge

Right.  IT's not a clone.

It's a real RT.

Whenever someone changes an engine, how does that make it a clone?  I guess if you were to put a Hemi billboard or Hemi emblems, but even then, that's an engine swap.

Challenger /6, 318, 383 L-code with RT hood, RT rear valance, Rallye gauges, RT emblems, etc. IS A CLONE.

Same w/Barracudas.

anlauto

Well sorry....I didn't read the VIN number in the ad....to me it looks like it's a 70 Hemi Challenger, but it's NOT !
so call it whatever you like  :drinkingbud:

What's it called if you do an "engine swap" and a transmission swap, hood swap, wheel swap, etc...etc... Are you trying to make it something it's not ? Like a clone of a Hemi cart maybe ?  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

LoStHeMi

i scroll through it every time it's relisted....  wouldn't mind a bit picking the kids up from school in it..   :)