Main Menu

1970 Dodge Challenger 440 R/T 4 speed

Started by MasonDaniel7, June 26, 2019, 12:26:15 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

anlauto

Ok...so they spent all their time and money on a paint job, which is the wrong colour....and they left the rest of the car to look like crap ? Butchered up, rusted floor pans....some gravel guard or something on the trunk floor....what a mess....I would love to see what's under that fancy black paint :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

So, No sheet & he claims Galen made the tag but isn't showing any documentation to back that claim.... So what is it really?  As long as the vin hasn't been altered (and I don't think it has) Then it's a real U code Challenger R/T convertible... Beyond that nothing can really be sure.... Was it a four speed? Well it's got pedals... But I've got tools & I could bolt pedals into any E body... Doesn't prove a thing....   "Transmission hump needs to be replaced  "easy fix"  because previous owners had an automatic in car which you could keep if you would rather have an automatic."   Or was it really an automatic? It's got an 8.75 axle under it... I wonder what the date on the axle tube is? Missing the original Engine & trans, He claims it was Purple, was it? Definitely a cool car but it's gonna be hard to prove anything

superdave

:unbelievable: That's very beautiful on tbe outside, a whol lot of issues lurking underneath. I would think you'd be better off goinv back purple. :dunno:

RUNCHARGER

Yup: A rare car like that has to be pulled down to metal top and bottom and painted original for a start. It doesn't matter if Trump made the tag, it isn't worth a pound of sand. Like I say interesting car.
Sheldon