Main Menu

1970 Dodge Challenger Convertible R/T Clone Plum Crazy for sale

Started by rtrag, April 14, 2021, 11:28:13 AM

Previous topic Next topic

rtrag

I have a 1970 Dodge Challenger convertible R/T clone for sale. I originally bought this car here in Southern California from an estate sale in 2009. The woman that passed away had owned the car for many years and I believe that the car has spent most of its life in SoCal. Originally this was a 383- 2-barrel per the V.I.N #. Since then, this car has had a ground up restoration started in 2009 and completed in 2013, where almost everything has been either rebuilt or replaced. I have put less than 3000 miles since the restoration was completed. The engine is a nicely built 360 cubic inch that was done by Arce Racing engines in Santee Ca. Aluminum heads and a mild racing cam, a Holley 850 double pumper for carburation and electronic ignition. Doug Thorley headers. The automatic transmission was rebuilt with a shift kit. There is a new drive shaft and a new 373 ratio rear end Posi traction. Magna flow exhaust, after market front disc brakes, new shocks front and back, new gas tank, new dash, all new interiors including carpets and mats and a new power top with a glass insert. Power steering. This is a nice straight car with great lines and gaps. The plum crazy purple is the finishing touch to this car. There are subtle ghost flames on the front of the car. Also, the RT emblem that is painted on both rear fenders only noticeable in the sun.  All the electrical works, except the clock, and there is a hidden stereo in the glove box. Keystone mag wheels and radial T/A's complete this vehicle. The chrome was mostly replaced, and there are eyebrows on the front below the grille and a small T/A spoiler on the trunk lid. I have receipts for most of the work that was done and pictures showing the complete restoration of the body. This car drives like a dream on the highway and turns heads wherever it goes. Please, no test pilots and serious inquiries only. $62,500.00 O.B.O. More pics on request

70vert

That is a gorgeous car!! (though not a super fan of the flames).
It's a similar path that I took with my Convertible, 383 2-barrel carb swapped to 440, etc. Price seems more that decent, pretty much what I also say mine is worth :)

ragtopdodge