Main Menu

1970 Dodge Challenger Convertible

Started by MasonDaniel7, June 09, 2020, 12:40:19 AM

Previous topic Next topic

miketyler

I just bought this one two weeks ago. Needs lots of parts but is a pretty solid car.

miketyler

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on June 09, 2020, 06:15:02 AM
Beautiful car. I think it's priced just right. Maybe not for a fast sale but you could never build one for anywhere close to that price.

Looking at it again your'e probably right. Pics make it look closer to "concours" level car than "excellent". Still its a 318 car but someone seriously interested in a convertible would probably look hard at this one if they like blue cars.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

miketyler

Basic 318 automatic car, PS, PB, AC with drum brakes. It is however believed to be a Texas car and is real FC7. Has had trunk pan replaced and needs paint badly. 318 runs but needs a tuneup. I plan to keep the 318 in long enough to get driveability issues addressed. 

71vert340

Quote from: dodj on June 10, 2020, 05:43:35 AM
Quote from: 71vert340 on June 09, 2020, 09:12:31 AM
340 w/ 4 speed. I bought it in 1972 and still have it today.
Terry
I don't see the luggage rack.... :pokeeye:
LOL. I think we got tired of tripping over it and tossed it after moving it several times. Probably it went it the trash in the late 80s. When it got so we could no longer take trips in the Challenger ( the dog in the back seat was replaced with 2 more children), we bought a van. :dunno:
Terry

js27

Nice looking car and a early build date. I agree with Alan and a white side stripe would look much better.
JS27

challengermaniac

Quote from: anlauto on June 09, 2020, 12:43:29 PM
Good looking car, I might have preferred a white stripe though  :thinking:

The black longitudinal stripe is a decal so likely a fairly easy change to a white one or maybe go with a white Bumble Bee after removing the black longitudinal stripe?
1970 Challenger Convertible EB5

challengermaniac

Well, I must admit that I was holding out on you guys given that I purchased this beautiful 1970 Challenger Convertible!   
Just awaiting to setup enclosed shipping from New York to Seattle/Edmonds! 

anlauto

Congratulations ! What did you end up getting it for ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Skdmark

Congratulations.

I just had a car transported from Florida to Wisconsin. It took about a week for the broker secure a transport. Once secure it was less than 12 hours before they picked up the car and it took less than 2 days to get here. Good luck.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

70 Challenger Lover

@challengermaniac  congratulations!! If you've never owned an e body ragtop, you are in for a treat. I love mine and look for opportunities to drive it.

challengermaniac

Quote from: anlauto on June 17, 2020, 12:49:54 PM
Congratulations ! What did you end up getting it for ?

Seller had multiple $40k offers, so I felt compelled to offer "a little more" in order to seal the deal! 

challengermaniac

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on June 17, 2020, 05:45:31 PM
@challengermaniac  congratulations!! If you've never owned an e body ragtop, you are in for a treat. I love mine and look for opportunities to drive it.

While this is my 7th Challenger, it is my first Challenger convertible so I am greatly looking forward to every opportunity to drive it! 

It will be joining its stable mate, a 1969 Camaro SS Convertible shortly! 

Yes, I like the color blue!

anlauto

If that's the stable mate, then the Challenger needs white stripes for sure  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

challengermaniac

Quote from: anlauto on June 17, 2020, 06:32:22 PM
If that's the stable mate, then the Challenger needs white stripes for sure  :twothumbsup:

Alan,  Can I get your blessing for a White Bumble Bee stripe instead of a white longitudinal stripe?