Main Menu

1970 Dodge Challenger Convertible

Started by MasonDaniel7, June 09, 2020, 12:40:19 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

...oh for sure....I would likely prefer that over the all too common longitudinal stripe :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

challengermaniac

Assuming the black longitudinal stripe is removed and a White Bumble Bee stripe is applied to the rear, what to do if anything regarding the hood blackout?  Should it stay or go?   
Note, not in favor of a hood whiteout!!!!!
1970 Challenger Convertible EB5

70 Challenger Lover

I'd be worried that if you remove decals that have been on a couple years, it could be noticeable between the exposed paint and the fresher stuff underneath that never saw sunlight before. Not sure if that concern is really valid or not but I'd ask people who know before you decide.

1 Wild R/T

Just saw stripes removed from a 70 Challenger today, been painted for eleven years, left ghost stripes...  Peel your stripes before committing to a butt stripe, might have to put white longitudinal stripes on...

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on June 17, 2020, 09:13:20 PM
Just saw stripes removed from a 70 Challenger today, been painted for eleven years, left ghost stripes...  Peel your stripes before committing to a butt stripe, might have to put white longitudinal stripes on...

Then you'd still have a black hood decal. I'd switch out the white interior and top to black. Of course I say that because I think black looks awesome with any color.

Suregrip391

Vin rivets in the dash are wrong,,,,,sorry old post but just in case someone did not see

challengermaniac

Getting ready for a cross county ride from New York to Seattle!

Brads70

Quote from: challengermaniac on July 06, 2020, 09:24:00 PM
Getting ready for a cross county ride from New York to Seattle!

Did you buy the car that was listed?

challengermaniac

[/quote]

Yes, Ebay listing and car ready for transport are the same.

Brads70

Quote from: challengermaniac on July 07, 2020, 11:54:42 AM

Yes, Ebay listing and car ready for transport are the same.
[/quote]

Ok I'm confused? Did you sell it or just bought it? I ask as you avatar shows a convertible? 

anlauto

@Brads70 if you look at reply #22 on page two, he said he bought the car  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on July 08, 2020, 05:32:34 AM
@Brads70 if you look at reply #22 on page two, he said he bought the car  :twothumbsup:

:bradsthumb: :-[  Thanks! I missed that, had him confused with another poster on this thread with the same /similar car. My bad!

challengermaniac

Finally arrived out West!   An absolute beauty.  Now tucked away in the garage with its buddy. 

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

soundcontrol

Congrats! Very nice car! I would like it even better with white stripes or bumblebee, and removed hood decal.
Hopefully the paint is not too faded by the sun, red cars are more sensitive for some reason.
I removed a hood decal on my black car after 10 years with no problem.

I'm on my 3'rd Challenger convertible ands the very best upgrade for them is subframe connectors.