Main Menu

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 Six Pack Mr Norm's Car

Started by tx9cuda, November 12, 2018, 07:04:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

tx9cuda

Sold new at Mr Norm's Grand Spaulding Dodge – have complete paperwork package
FK5 Dark Burnt Orange, White Vinyl Top, White Interior & White Stripe, V21 Hood treatment and Chrome Racing Mirrors
Original numbers matching engine, non-matching PK3410672 (1970 Six Pack) automatic trans & A32 super-performance axle (original 4:10 dana)
Car has an older driver quality repaint, original seat covers and original vinyl top. Body is very solid with nice floors. Lower tips of the quarters appear to have been patched in the past and the driver's side inner fender has signs of some rust bubbling.
The car has its original:
•   Fender Tag
•   Build Sheet
•   Body Numbers
•   Dash VIN Tag
•   Door VIN Sticker
•   Complete Mr Norm's Dealership Documentation Package
•   Clear Georgia Title
The car has been mechanically restored. Engine and trans are rebuilt, the front suspension rebuilt, brakes rebuilt, new leaf springs and detailed rear differential. Restored original 2229171 master cylinder and original brake booster. Original radiator restored by Glen Ray. Original 15x7 Rallye Wheels with new F60 Goodyear Polyglas tires. Space saver spare and jack present.
The original engine block is bored .040 and has Ross pistons, RPM Rods, stock stroke steel crank, Bob Karakashian (Mr SixPack) cam, Compu-flow prepped original heads, Rev-n-nator ignition, Factory aluminum intake and Harm's restored date code correct carbs. Exhaust is factory manifolds with TTI x-pipe and Borla mufflers. Engine runs on pump gas. The engine bay appears mostly showroom stock, including correct six pack balancer. The car has run 12.78 @ 105 mph at South Georgia Motorsports Park and its performance is representative of how a Six Pack car should perform. Have receipts for all parts/services.
The transmission is freshly rebuilt. It is not the original trans but is the part number correct (PK3410672), 1970 Six Pack Transmission, with the correct Hemi spec internals. Car was not raced with this transmission.
I have the restored original dual point distributor and the original heavy connecting rods. All of the hard to find parts are present.

$58,500 or possibly trade for e body convertible (BS27 or JS27)
Bryan 
email is bewebb244 at gmail.com
cell is 229 22zero 856eight
BS23H1B

Cuda Cody

Looks like a pretty fair price for a cool car!!!  Good luck with the sale. 

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

303 Mopar

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

js27

Nice car with a reasonable price. Best of luck with the sale.
JS27

Morty426

Good price on a great car.  Good look on the sale.

I don't think any 672 transmission survived in it's original car.  Specially if you have a 4.10

tx9cuda

Quote from: Morty426 on November 13, 2018, 09:56:32 PM

I don't think any 672 transmission survived in it's original car.  Specially if you have a 4.10

That really does seem to be the case.
BS23H1B

Morty426

Quote from: tx9cuda on November 14, 2018, 07:11:35 AM
Quote from: Morty426 on November 13, 2018, 09:56:32 PM

That really does seem to be the case.

I have a 4.10 70 Challenger R/T v code automatic and the third owner provided me with some of the paperwork from him and they previous 2 owners.

The transmission failed at 30K, 60K and 89K - sadly the third owner at 89K had the transmission replaced. 

ragtopdodge

To me, #s matching automatic trans offers no value.

Four-speeds....there's about a 20% diff in price adjustment (i.e. HIGHER) for that and w/o a real buildsheet or fender tag, #s matching manual trans is paramount to get that extra 20%.

redgum78

:thinking: I would be very interested in this if it was in Australia.

RUNCHARGER

I agree with not much loss of value with a non original automatic. I have never heard of a car not selling due to that. It's nice to have the matching #'s 4 speed though as I think as that helps document the 4 speed option.
Sheldon

scf100

1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

tx9cuda

Car is still for sale. Here's a couple of more pics.
BS23H1B