Main Menu

1970 Dodge Challenger Rt Convertible For sale

Started by 70challengerrt, February 21, 2020, 08:27:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70challengerrt

Hello I have recently lowered my price on my numbers matching 70 Challenger rt 440 convertible for a quicker sale. I am asking 80k or best offer. I think it's a very fair price for the rarity and conditioning of this car. If you want to talk my number is 9178488708 The car is located in New Jersey. Here is the link to my car on classiccars.com

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1306526/1970-dodge-challenger-r-t-for-sale-in-manasquan-new-jersey-08736

JS29

Wrong console, Painted door latch and screws. Nice color combo.  :alan2cents:

71vert340

I've got to ask about the space saver spare. Has it been inflated before to look like that?
Terry

70challengerrt

@71vert340 I have owned the car for two years. It came this way from the prior owner. He owned the car from 1971 to 2018. Thanks

70challengerrt

71vert340

Thanks for the response to my question. I've seen other space savers that look like that and wondered if they'd been inflated and then collapsed. I almost had to inflate mine once on a trip from Ohio to New York in the early 70s. You really have a nice convertible and the color combo is great. Good luck with the sale.
  Terry

JH27N0B

The space saver in one of my cars had obviously been inflated at some point and doesn't look like that.  It is expanded a bit from what an original "virgin" space saver looks like, but not nearly as much as in that R/T. 
I had to install a space saver tire on a wheel one time, which turned out to be a complicated project.  We found that the only way to get it to seat on the rim was you have to inflate it.  Then as soon as it seats, deflate it and roll it around a bit on the floor too get the shape back to normal.  It was only inflated for a moment and of course not installed and driven on.  I think after space saver has been inflated a while and especially driven on, all hope is lost to get it back to the original uninflated look.
Nice car but I know firsthand how hard it can be to sell a E body that isn't purple or some other high impact color.  I've got a 71 dark autumn bronze V code Challenger I got no buyer interest in and have resigned myself to accepting there is no market for it.  Hopefully your experience will be better!  :fingerscrossed:

ibjamin

General question about E-body convertibles.  If the car has a glass rear window, does the top just go down or do you have to unzip the glass to get the top down?  I assume with the plastic window the top just goes down.

Thanks,

George

anlauto

Quote from: ibjamin on February 21, 2020, 11:01:05 AM
General question about E-body convertibles.  If the car has a glass rear window, does the top just go down or do you have to unzip the glass to get the top down?  I assume with the plastic window the top just goes down.

Thanks,

George

I believe the factory instructions suggest unzipping the rear window before lowering the top, but it's totally not necessary, the top will lower fine with the rear window zipped in place. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Actually just looking at the "caution" decal located on the header of the roof, it makes no mention of unzipping the rear window  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71vert340

I lower my top with the glass rear window all the time without unzipping the glass. I just make sure nothing in the trunk is under the top storage well before lowering.
Terry

6bblgt

all Chrysler Corp B, C & E-body convertibles had glass rear windows from the factory

C_B5

Quote from: 71vert340 on February 21, 2020, 08:52:27 AM
  I've got to ask about the space saver spare. Has it been inflated before to look like that?
Terry

That space saver has definitely been inflated and used at some point. I've had several challengers over the years that still had the original space saver tire in the trunk and it was obvious that they had  been / used mounted. And they looked exactly like the one in this car.
Tried everything could think of to get the tire to go back into shape, but nothing worked. In fact I still have 1 inflated space saver that's off the rim that kept. If it's helpful can post some pictures

js27

I also never unzipped the glass window and never had any problems.
JS27

7E-Bodies

Beautiful car. Yet I'm a tad partial to 70 F8 cars.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green