Main Menu

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Convertible, Ucode 440, Mr. Norms, RARE! 440

Started by MasonDaniel7, September 16, 2021, 12:19:06 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MasonDaniel7

R/T's 4 R/P

Nice car.
Based on the wording, it is not the original engine.

You can buy mine for $20,000 less, and it's numbers matching.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

Ricomondo

Ad says "Possibly the only 70 R/T vert sold from GSD". I don't believe that for a second..lol!

Norm said he sold around 400 T/A's so I find it very hard to believe he "possibly" only sold ONE R/T vert.
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

JH27N0B

GSD only sold one Daytona, so selling numbers of particular model combinations seems to be all over the place.

TA/Z06/GSXR1100

How would you be able to tell if it got sold out of that dealership? Is the info on the Broadcast sheet?  Thx 

Ricomondo

Quote from: JH27N0B on September 16, 2021, 03:56:23 PM
GSD only sold one Daytona, so selling numbers of particular model combinations seems to be all over the place.

Yeah but look at production numbers on the 'Tona as opposed to R/T vert's?
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

Ricomondo

Quote from: TA/Z06/GSXR1100 on September 17, 2021, 07:30:10 AM
How would you be able to tell if it got sold out of that dealership? Is the info on the Broadcast sheet?  Thx

@TA/Z06/GSXR1100
    Best way is to contact Larry Weiner at Northwest Performance in CA. He obtained all the original GSD dealer jackets  years ago.
If you think your car could have come from there, you call him with the VIN#; it will cost you $50 to check.
If it "hits" he will take the $50 off the price of the paperwork. If not a hit, then you just paid for the VIN check.
Price of the jackets containing the paperwork vary as to the particular model; for instance a slant 6 car will be less than T/A, which would also less than a Hemi car etc. But the jackets can contain a LOT of meaningful paperwork; including sometimes warranty receipts and occasionally another set of keys.
My two GSD T/A's just had the standard amount of paperwork in the jacket, but I think @JH27N0B got a set of keys as well?
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

TA/Z06/GSXR1100

Quote from: Ricomondo on September 17, 2021, 08:56:45 AM
Quote from: TA/Z06/GSXR1100 on September 17, 2021, 07:30:10 AM

@TA/Z06/GSXR1100
    Best way is to contact Larry Weiner at Northwest Performance in CA. He obtained all the original GSD dealer jackets  years ago.
If you think your car could have come from there, you call him with the VIN#; it will cost you $50 to check.
If it "hits" he will take the $50 off the price of the paperwork. If not a hit, then you just paid for the VIN check.
Price of the jackets containing the paperwork vary as to the particular model; for instance a slant 6 car will be less than T/A, which would also less than a Hemi car etc. But the jackets can contain a LOT of meaningful paperwork; including sometimes warranty receipts and occasionally another set of keys.
My two GSD T/A's just had the standard amount of paperwork in the jacket, but I think @JH27N0B got a set of keys as well?

Thx for the info. It's good to know if you plan on selling.