Main Menu

1970 DODGE HEMI CHALLENGER R/T CONVERTIBLE 4Spd

Started by ec_co, January 16, 2019, 08:25:35 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ec_co

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cuda Cody

Cuda_mark

Crocha617

anlauto

My guess is $750K-$950K ...likely the reserve is in the seven digits :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

750-h2

Unless its been rebodied it should pull at least 1.5 million.

ragtopdodge

Brads70

JH27N0B

Greg Nelson (Mopar Ponderosa) owns that car.  He owns the 71 V code cuda vert in the auction also.
I saw him advertising the Challenger for big money, I don't recall the price but I think he was asking over 2M.  I bet neither meets reserve, but will be attention getters for this new location Mecum auction.

Cuda Cody

Mecum is quickly becoming one of my favorite CAR SHOWS.  :pokeeye:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 16, 2019, 06:23:12 PM
I agree with the $1.5m guess as well

Is that what it's bid to, or is that the reserve ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

ragtopdodge

Quote from: anlauto on January 16, 2019, 07:36:37 PM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 16, 2019, 06:23:12 PM
I agree with the $1.5m guess as well

Is that what it's bid to, or is that the reserve ?

My guess what it will be bid (chandelier bid that is) to $1.5M.  I'm sure the reserve is >$2M.

Maybe the best Challenger on the planet.  But $2M is mucho bueno for a Challenger.  Can get a LaFerrari for that which is going up too in price.

JH27N0B

I see Nelsons V code convertible that is scheduled at the same auction is still listed on his website for sale-
https://www.moparponderosa.com/71-plymouth-cuda-convertible/
At Mecum Kissimmee a couple years ago this hemi Challenger convertible sold for $1,650,000 to the weather tech founder-
https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0116-229800/1970-dodge-hemi-challenger-rt-convertible/