Main Menu

1970 GC Barracuda black with red interior project

Started by Shoooter, March 14, 2021, 09:02:10 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shoooter

@cuda hunter This is that car we spoke about awhile back. Black with red interior and a white top

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/edmonton/1970-barracuda-gran-coupe-project/1555629230?siteLocale=en_CA

I've spoken with the owner about another car he had for sale at the time and this one is rusty.I belive It can from the states and still has paper work for there.

cuda hunter

I sure like this car.  the options are awesome!  Pretty much what I want to build. 

But the price is now even higher.  20K.  Looks like it's gonna get some more rust. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Well, at least on the bright side he finally listed the fender tag readout.  Not to mention an actual list of the parts he has for the car.  It does indeed have the v5R option on it.  Black rubber bumper on front.  This would be a slick looking car, but not worth the cost of restoration, especially at a purchase price of 20K. 

Anyone else have an opinion here? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

YYZ

So the asking is about $15K USD (ignore transportation for the moment).

It's a '70, very cool combo, big-block, red interior, front elastomeric, and red body side moulding.

It also appears to come with some costly goodies such as a new GC grille assembly, an OEM elastomeric etc.

As with most of these cars, one is probably upside-down after restoring it, however, there are fewer and fewer projects to choose from now that these are 50+ years old.

YMMV

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: YYZ on March 15, 2021, 06:23:05 AM
So the asking is about $15K USD (ignore transportation for the moment).

It's a '70, very cool combo, big-block, red interior, front elastomeric, and red body side moulding.

It also appears to come with some costly goodies such as a new GC grille assembly, an OEM elastomeric etc.

As with most of these cars, one is probably upside-down after restoring it, however, there are fewer and fewer projects to choose from now that these are 50+ years old.

YMMV

Yup....

cuda hunter

I think I've been back and forth with the guy for like 5 or 6 years. Won't come down on price.
Won't give me pictures of the areas that I want to see. 
Seemed like a nice enough fella.  Not talking smack about him.
He did have a 70 that he was selling along side this one that he said you could just transfer the numbers over to.
Unfortunately, the 70 was, I think a 73.  Or it was very seriously metal stitched together with a 72-4.
Not my cup of tea. 
I wish the price was lower as I'd be into this one.  this is the only car with v5r on tx9 that I have ever had a shot at. too much. Plain and simple, too much. 

However, I wish someone on here would talk the guy down to a buying price and pick it up so I can see the car come together.

anlauto

Quote from: cuda hunter on March 15, 2021, 08:56:01 AM
I think I've been back and forth with the guy for like 5 or 6 years. Won't come down on price.
Won't give me pictures of the areas that I want to see. 
Seemed like a nice enough fella.  Not talking smack about him.
He did have a 70 that he was selling along side this one that he said you could just transfer the numbers over to.
Unfortunately, the 70 was, I think a 73.  Or it was very seriously metal stitched together with a 72-4.
Not my cup of tea. 
I wish the price was lower as I'd be into this one.  this is the only car with v5r on tx9 that I have ever had a shot at. too much. Plain and simple, too much. 

However, I wish someone on here would talk the guy down to a buying price and pick it up so I can see the car come together.

The 74 roller is also for sale on KiJiJi for $7500 (check his other ads)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

Actually the other 2-4 he had was already painted red.   couldn't see what was under the paint.

Shoooter

Here was the 70 barracuda. I remember it had lots of 72+ metal like you said. I belive the trunk,  floors ect were not 70.

He obviously decided not to swap the GC  and just sell the car. He was offering the car last year for 8500 with some parts.

Seller also had a 1970 challenger dash , Vin tag, fender tag and the cowl numbers for sale on kijiji last year