Main Menu

1970 Hemi Cuda FY1 auto

Started by LoStHeMi, June 28, 2020, 03:22:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

benlavigne

Well-known car from here... At least it's out in the open that it has been re-bodied and that the block was re-stamped...
The only way to get a restored Hemicuda (VIN)for less than 100K!

Ben

RUNCHARGER

I agree: At least they're honest about it and it's probably right priced for what it is. Not my cup of tea but some people would be fine with it.
Sheldon

mike ketterer

wonder if the remains of the original shell still exists. and can be restored.

RUNCHARGER

That would be the right way to do it Mike. Use all the parts off this one, it would go pretty well actually.
Sheldon

floorit426

I would prefer an original SS/DA Hemicuda, to a rebody. I absolutely love those cars!

anlauto

There's an arse for every seat  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RzeroB

I long wonder which car might have been Jean Trudeau's SS/DA car ... thanks to this ad ... and the unique paint scheme that Trudeau put on his car, I now know that it is this car 214239.  :bigthumb:  Makes me wonder now what became of the actual car?? Did it rust away and returned to the earth from which it came? Or was it wrecked and parted out??  :notsure:

Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

benlavigne

From what I know, the remains were crushed, someone has one or both doors hanging in his garage as wall art...

Ben

RzeroB

Quote from: benlavigne on June 29, 2020, 12:52:59 PM
From what I know, the remains were crushed, someone has one or both doors hanging in his garage as wall art...

Ben

Crushed?? As I suspected, it must of been wrecked beyond repair ... or neglected to the point where it rusted and couldn't be saved ...
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

6bblgt

Quote from: RzeroB on June 29, 2020, 01:04:41 PM
Quote from: benlavigne on June 29, 2020, 12:52:59 PM

Ben

Crushed?? As I suspected, it must of been wrecked beyond repair ... or neglected to the point where it rusted and couldn't be saved ...

or cut-up racecar that was simpler to rebody   :thumbdown:   than replace all of the unibody's sheet metal that was hacked out in the search for SPEED

RUNCHARGER

Yes: 20 or 30 years ago it wasn't so easy to find the parts and tools required to repair the original shell correctly. You had to cut apart good cars carefully to save "special" ones and we lost a lot of good cars that way.
Sheldon

anlauto

Funny story....There is a VERY VERY reputable restoration shop not far from my house....They've been around many many years and have restored several old race cars, rare cars of all makes and models....
A few years back I went to this guys house to buy some parts, turns out...he's an EX-employee of said restoration shop....it became quickly apparent that he was selling "extra" parts or "old" parts off of customers cars....he wouldn't allow me into his barn, but he told me he had several very rare cars....  the only problem being that they no longer had any serial numbers on them....he said the numbers were "removed during the restoration"  The rusty or cut up carcasses were just tossed and he was there to pick them up.... :rubeyes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

benlavigne

I was talking to the guy who did part of the restoration on that car, and he says the block in the car is the original one to the ... VIN. I'd think the current or future owner would appreciate the info... unless it has been changed between two owners after the restoration...

Ben