Main Menu

1970 Plymouth AAR CUDA 340 Six Pack, 4-Speed Incredible Restoration

Started by MasonDaniel7, July 05, 2022, 12:11:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MasonDaniel7

anlauto

It belongs to a member here, but I thought he sold it already  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Culvers

MONC

MONC

Quote from: Culvers on July 05, 2022, 05:06:29 AM
'71 center console

Definitely some incorrect details on the car.
One of my pet peeves is the unpainted mufflers ( should be black).
You'd think for $300K in restoration, they'd get all that correct.
Regardless, nice looking car - just wish it had PS, lol.

badfish70

they are painted correct black now/don't know why they let that pass as silver

MONC

Quote from: badfish70 on July 05, 2022, 01:19:54 PM
they are painted correct black now/don't know why they let that pass as silver

Good to hear.
So these pictures aren't current?
Might be a good idea to upload current pics showing corrections to condition- would likely help with bids.

anlauto

I've seen a lot of "incredible " restorations before, and this car certainly fits that bill :drooling: .....but what I still can't wrap my head around is the $300K price tag on the restoration  :huh: Even the worst rusted out car I've restored never came close to that investment. Maybe half.

They say the typical restoration takes 1000 hours, even at $80/hr there's still $220K unaccounted for....so let's say there's $100K worth of NOS parts, still $120K... :dunno:  I just don't get it...

Makes me think the car had to be the worst basket case in the world for that price. :o

I understand completely a custom car reaching absurd prices for a build, but a stock resto ? There's only so much you can do... :clueless:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

LoStHeMi

maybe you weren't charging enough for exemplary work...   you could be a kajillionaire...  :banana:

MONC

Quote from: LoStHeMi on July 05, 2022, 03:34:32 PM
maybe you weren't charging enough for exemplary work...   you could be a kajillionaire...  :banana:

:haha:

Too funny.

Compare the $300K to the ~$27K in today's dollars spent on the number's matching yellow one going up for auction.
Must have contracted the resto through the government... ::)

Katfish

From the ad, so 70 cars had a 5yr warranty, on a AAR no less..........

"This car does not have it's #'s matching motor.  According to the original owner, whom I'm in touch with, the car was delivered in 1970 with a ticking sound.  In 1974, prior to the warranty running out, the block was replaced with a correct T/A replacement block."