Main Menu

1970 Plymouth Barracuda Base model

Started by MostlyOldPartsAndRust, January 07, 2021, 02:10:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MostlyOldPartsAndRust

Hi everybody! I'm new to the forum but I'm from the late Jurassic period of the MoPar car hobby. I've owned somewhere in the area of 85 mopes. Including every year Valiant '60 - '76, every year Dart '63 - '76, a couple lancers including a '62 wagon that someone had put a 392 in. 15 or so B bodies including a 1964 wagon w/ a factory 8 3/4 Sure Grip, Imperials, Dusters, I could go on and on. Anyway I've only 3 Es: a beat to death '74 Gran Coupe. A '72 360 Barracuda. And now I am in a kind of gray area situation with this 1970 Base Model Barracuda that is completely rust free and maybe 97% original. With only 40k miles on it. The owner has had it for decades and doesn't wanna put any money or time into it. And has known me a while, knows I like cars wants me to have it. But I can't buy it I'm broke. So. Here are the two downsides, one weird and big one standard and little. The thing has a slant six in it!? How many six cylinder cars they made, and how many survived without becoming doners I don't know. But here's one. The other thing is it's go a rattle can primer job on it, I know I know: "what's that shit hiding, everybody always says rust free" believe me I'm familiar with your worries like I said I've been doing MoPars since 1995. I've found plenty of surprise bondo-mobiles. But I'm not kidding: 40K miles. 0 RUST. I don't know if I am allowed to post my phone number. If I am I will, otherwise e-mail me. Pics to come.

I would like to get the old guy $6000 $5K for the car, and a grand for me since I'm such a swell guy.

Harry
Albuquerque N.M.
hrbrownmechanical@protonmail.com
(505) 610-5338 call / text

Thanks

CudaMoparRay

70/6chall

Another welcome from Riverside Ca. When you said there are 2 downers one being a Slant6 car. My Challenger is a Slant6 car, and it truly is a unique car. When opening the hood at a cruise or show the cameras come out and the inquisitive questions start to flow. So consider a 6- cyl. Barracuda instead of all those V8 tribute cars out there. Check in with one of the forum members EC_CO he can fill you in with the Slant6 Barracuda's. Thanks,   Al

MostlyOldPartsAndRust

MostlyOldPartsAndRust

I have ZERO problem with the old leaning tower. For 10 years the only car I drove was one of two 1965 Dodge Dart wagons. And I drove them from one side of this country to the other. I also owned a very cool '73 Dart Sport (neutered Demon) with a six and every single factory option. I just know for a lot of folks in the quote unquote "hotrod" scene a six is a deterrent. And I simply CANNOT think about getting this car. A divorce has scaled back my transportation dreams for the time being.

Harry

JS29

70/6chall

No pox on you Harry. I'm sure you meant no harm to any statement concerning our work horse 6- cyl.
When someone mentions a 6 cyl. e-body, my ears pick up. No there are not a lot of them left in their original state. Mine may be an anomaly but I like it. As for 6-cyl. Barracuda's not as many exist, Challengers on the other hand may exist more so. So, nothing taken adversely. Just didn't understand.
Al

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it

cudamadd

I would love to see a bone stock slant 6 barracuda with flat hood and hub caps . an untouched low mileage car would be Awsome  :australia:

340challconvert

:welcome: to the group!
Personally, I would love to own a slant 6 ebody.
They are unique now more then ever with the number of them that have been modified.
I once had a Challenger slant six convertible with a 3 speed stick that I picked up on the cheap back in the 1990's. Never worked on it and ended up selling it. Wish I still had it. Anyway; love the slant six; a motor you can never kill!
:yes:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

anlauto

At $6K a car like the will sell in a heartbeat....likely worth more like $16K :alan2cents: Some flipper will help you out for sure...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

Pm sent.  Always looking for M46 on the fender tag.  Bh's are the only cars that came with that. Interested regardless.  I'm close to New Mexico as well.   
Welcome to the group here.  Your not as old as ya may think around here. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Ricomondo

Just saw a FB for sale ad for this; with one photo and it states "sale pending"
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

cuda hunter

Quote from: Ricomondo on January 09, 2021, 11:28:37 AM
Just saw a FB for sale ad for this; with one photo and it states "sale pending"

Do you have a link or a screen shot? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Pentastarnut

Harry, Harry here, I'll but it if it's available... I'll keep the /6 in it and let my wife drive it :D