Main Menu

1970 PLYMOUTH BARRACUDA CONVERTIBLE NUMBERS MATCHING 383 CAR

Started by MasonDaniel7, August 27, 2021, 12:17:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MasonDaniel7

Mopsquad

6pack

In the add, he states changed over.  I believe he is referring to the air conditioner gas was changed over.  He probably wants at least $95K.  It is nice.  I think it is a $80K car.

70vert

I mean it is nice, and if confirmed numbers matching survivor it is certainly rare. But nah, he is stretching (or dreaming) I think.

challengersteve

This looks like a nice older driver quality restoration. I do not know if it is worth any more being (poorly) cloned into a Cuda.
As far as value, I am seeing JUNK Barracuda convertibles selling for mid 20's and more. This car was a steal when selling a couple weeks ago for 60 and is probably an 80 - 90K car in todays market.

Matt M

Big Difference between a BS and a BH Vert
I don't see 80K, but who knows, maybe a buyer won't care if the car is a real Cuda or not.

That Green Cuda Convertible went off for around 95K a few days ago.
It seemed like a pretty nice car.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6pack

Now, after re-reading I think changed over means cloned over.

indetrucks

No and WOW, Im shocked that it was sold to a FLIPPER    :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

erik70rt

Quote from: anlauto on August 27, 2021, 04:45:56 PM
So did @indetrucks buy it ?

No, he didn't.

I looked over that car pretty well and it was a decent deal in the 55-60 range. This flipper is smoking crack is he thinks he can get 104K for it. 
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

anlauto

Quote from: erik70rt on August 30, 2021, 06:04:09 AM
Quote from: anlauto on August 27, 2021, 04:45:56 PM
So did @indetrucks buy it ?

No, he didn't.

I looked over that car pretty well and it was a decent deal in the 55-60 range. This flipper is smoking crack is he thinks he can get 104K for it.

So what was your review, what held back indetrucks from buying it ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

erik70rt

Had lots of small things like paint /dings on both fenders at the headlight bezels, missing the trim rings, wrong antenna, not a '70 hood with dings and paint loss on underside, ticking in valvetrain when car is started (goes away when warm), secondary electric fuel pump added with switch under dash, A/C not working, cowl had paint removed to bare metal to show the cowl stamp, all chrome (bumpers/mirrors/pot metal conv mouldings) needs to be redone, aftermarket radiator, wrong oil breather, wrong air cleaner and more little things.  A nice 55-60K car for a Barracuda convertible.  Definitely not a 104K car.  I can post my pics later.

Indetrucks wants something more original that will not need that much work.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

anlauto

Mopsquad

Amazing what you can find seeing a car in person.  I was close to buying a car in Florida before Roadman (RIP) volunteered to check it out for me.  So appreciate that he saw it before I pulled the trigger.  It had many unseen issues.