Main Menu

1970 Plymouth Barracuda hemi cuda real R code car

Started by MasonDaniel7, September 05, 2020, 12:34:32 AM

Previous topic Next topic

340sport

Gotta love the "I'm listing for a friend" ignorance.

autoxcuda

Quote from: 340sport on September 06, 2020, 07:29:40 AM
Gotta love the "I'm listing for a friend" ignorance.

Another trick to wash the car of its history. Auctions are the best place to do that.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

GrandpaKevin

So what's the experts opinion?

Is this a REAL Hemi 'Cuda or fake like the fender tag?

autoxcuda

Quote from: GrandpaKevin on September 06, 2020, 10:19:42 AM
So what's the experts opinion?

Is this a REAL Hemi 'Cuda or fake like the fender tag?

You need to go look at the car in person.

There are plenty of real hemi cars missing fendertags and buildsheets.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

RzeroB

Quote from: fc7cuda on September 06, 2020, 04:41:48 AM
I believe this is the car that has been for sale by the guy in Wyoming? afew years back, he also has other mopars projects.  He never could supply good pics, no tag back then, and the NOM for it was with his partner/friend in Joplin.  Ring a bell?

Great memory Tom!! Thanks to your clues I checked to see if I had any reference to it's previous listings on ebay and sure enough I do. It was originally listed in 2018 with a "buy it now" price of $110K ... with no takers. It was relisted again in 2019 with reserve bid but I didn't record what the high bid for it was when the listing ended. I still don't get what all the super secret VIN hiding stuff is all about ... Anyway, here are a couple of "snips" I took of the 2018 ebay listing ...
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

B5fourspeed

Why are all the pictures dark?You cannot see any details.