Main Menu

1970 V Code Challenger Project

Started by 1badfish, August 23, 2017, 06:27:21 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

WOW!   :lookatthat:  Look at that VIN and scheduled production date.  @cudaized  @6bblgt   That is a super cool car.  I would love to do that project.  Should sell for close to what he is asking for it.  Not sure how it can be numbers matching with a scheduled build date of Aug 1st and an engine that was cast two months later in Oct.  But it still is a cool car if all the other numbers are legit and line up.  Nice find.   :yes:

erik70rt

If I had the $$ now, that would be heading for my garage!

Cody - I sent you a PM.  Did you get it?
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

cudaized

Very cool.

Nice to see these early cars surfacing.
1970 `cuda340 convertible 4-speed Rallye Red with Red interior cudaized.com 1970-71 Plymouth and Dodge E-Body Convertible Registry ebodyconvertibleregistry.com

6bblgt

:ohyeah:

second CANADA PROMO '70 Challenger I've heard of - the other is 318 convertible burnt orange with white interior & top

70/6chall

Cody......... I really love it when these early cars do show up. Like this one for sale, 801, w/ a sequence  number of 347, whether out of Detroit or LA I feel a real kindred spirit here.   Thanks,   Al

jck

Casting date is Oct. 29, 1969.  I see it already mentioned.
Goatman

Cuda Cody

I like how @1badfish  sneaks in here and posts a super cool project.  Welcome buddy!!!!   :welcome:   :banana:   :wave:  Glad to see you here.  :bradsthumb:

1badfish

Haha hey guys! I recognize so many names I don't feel like a newby.  :)

Great to be here!  :banana:

jck

Where V code blocks made in batches or where they no different than a regular 440 block?
Goatman

Cuda Cody

Pretty sure the 440+6 blocks themselves are no different from the other 440 blocks cast during the same period.  They did get some different internals and a HP stamp.

jck

I knew the TA block had a different metal content. I figured the 440 was the same as the 340
Goatman

RUNCHARGER

Smart thing to do would be to ship that one directly to Alan, it's pretty close I believe.
Sheldon

1badfish

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on August 23, 2017, 05:36:47 PM
Smart thing to do would be to ship that one directly to Alan, it's pretty close I believe.

I agree!!! Is Alan on here?

MoparJunkie

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 23, 2017, 01:48:09 PM
Pretty sure the 440+6 blocks themselves are no different from the other 440 blocks cast during the same period.  They did get some different internals and a HP stamp.

I agree. I heard most everything about a 440 is the same from one 440 to the next. That the thickness of the block is the same and only some internals are different. There are some exceptions most notably the 440-6 got the stronger rods. Known to some as 6 pack rods.

Here is a link if anyone cares to read about the differences of the 440 blocks from 440 source:

http://www.440source.com/blockinfo.htm