Main Menu

1971 Challenger 440-6

Started by Chryco, September 07, 2022, 07:45:06 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco

non matching numbers, AUTO, highly optioned with all original equipment. Dana 60 super trackpack , older restoration. fender tag no build sheet, tons of docs. Mr Norm car, this was part of his first order in 70. 150 obo
Tommy The Chryco
Cuda Rubber Bumpers and The Better "Shaker Kits"
1-866-893-2547

JEJJ

JH27N0B

That is cool, you don't see too many '71 V code Challengers.
Do you have the original Mr Norms paperwork?
A local friend had a very similar car that he was almost finished restoring and had to sell 10 or 11 years ago for financial reasons, also a Mr Norms car. Had a white top and no window louvers but otherwise looked identical.
It sold to someone who did nothing further with it and then it was sold a couple years ago.  No idea where it ended up.
I seem to recall Ken Mosier had a FC7 Mr Norms '71 V code project he was gathering parts for years ago, it was sequential VIN to a FC7 hemi Challenger he restored for someone.  No idea where that car ended up either.  Mr Norms sold a bunch of FC7 V codes in '71 it seems.
I am planning to take my '71 to Moparty next week, so I'm sort of glad it never sold when I had it advertised.  I will likely have the only one there!

anlauto

Nice car, is that local ? $150K USD or CDN ;)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

MONC

Very cool car.
Question,  how do you know it's a Mr. Norms car ?
Isn't the entire package of paperwork including, broadcast sheet, window sticker etc, available?

JH27N0B

I hope he has the Mr Norms paperwork.  If it's available from whomever has the sales records now, it's ridiculously expensive.  I'd heard that someone, perhaps it was Scott Linsay bought the Mr Norms sales folders that hadn't yet been sold for hemi, V code and other rare cars a few years back, and he was supposedly asking a fortune for one if an owner turns up looking for his records!  Like $25K was the rumored price.  :pullinghair:

Chryco

Yes, including order sheet, sales receipt, Invoice, Hamtramck assy docs, Grand-spaulding original bill of sale, order form, advance dealer shipping notice,  but no broadcast sheet.
Tommy The Chryco
Cuda Rubber Bumpers and The Better "Shaker Kits"
1-866-893-2547

MONC

Quote from: Chryco on September 07, 2022, 09:55:53 AM
Yes, including order sheet, sales receipt, Invoice, Hamtramck assy docs, Grand-spaulding original bill of sale, order form, advance dealer shipping notice,  but no broadcast sheet.

Gotcha. So are all the options listed on any of the docs you do have?

JH27N0B

The advance dealer shipping notice is basically the dealers paperwork equivalent to the Window sticker, so all the options are shown on it.

Floyd

Awesome car.  My Mr. Norms V-code 71 was ordered in the first group as well (7/6/1970).  I would love to see the order sheet for that car @Chryco