Main Menu

1971 Challenger R/T Clone GA4, Shaker

Started by LoStHeMi, November 26, 2023, 03:42:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

I love the color combo.
Someone should have told the guy 71s get a Dodge emblem on the deck lid, not a Challenger emblem. Otherwise I like the car.

Cuda Cody

Skdmark

Almost a copy of my car.
No louvers or spoiler on mine. I added a shaker in '96
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

anlauto

Surprised someone would choose that colour when building a clone...I think it looks fantastic  :drooling:

I have a chance to buy an original 71 RT to flip as a builder or as a finished product...just wondering what the demand is for a 71, seems everybody rather have a 70 when comes to the Challenger.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

Quote from: anlauto on November 26, 2023, 04:45:08 PMSurprised someone would choose that colour when building a clone...I think it looks fantastic  :drooling:

I have a chance to buy an original 71 RT to flip as a builder or as a finished product...just wondering what the demand is for a 71, seems everybody rather have a 70 when comes to the Challenger.
I'm sure we've discussed this before.  I pondered (whined?) about it several times over the years after trying to sell my V code '71 Challenger and finding not much interest in my 1 of 250 made car.
I love all Challengers but 70 and 71s are my favorites. I debate which I like better, I prefer the 71s grille and really like the R/Ts faux brake cooling scoops. The 70s taillights are much better though. The R/T stripes in 71 are better than the 70s longitudinal stripes or butt stripe no question. The lower production numbers and the fact many were loaded with options is cool too.
Yet the market gives them little premium over a '70.
71 cudas, which I find the leaner meaner look of a 70 far superior, on the other hand bring huge premiums. Why the disparity?
Figuring out others tastes is hopeless.  I should stop  :headbang: trying!