Main Menu

1971 Challenger vert for sale

Started by 71-440, March 25, 2019, 06:17:10 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71-440

Joe

RUNCHARGER

That seems like a good deal unless it's totally rotted underneath. Maybe even a fake ad.
Sheldon

worthywads

Yes, seems too good to be true, even with some rust.

ragtopdodge

Pretty nice!

Like everything about it except the steering wheel, painted heater blower motor, and unpainted fender bolts (uggh!).

Ya, prolly fake ad or serious rust lurking.

kdcarman

Quote from: ragtopdodge on March 26, 2019, 11:29:04 AM
Pretty nice!

Like everything about it except the steering wheel, painted heater blower motor, and unpainted fender bolts (uggh!).

Ya, prolly fake ad or serious rust lurking.

Has to be fake.  That would be a cool car to buy and send off to Alan to turn into a cool clone car.  (At that price)

superdave

Yes, that's a good deal if legit. :banana:

Hevygunz

That's my car.  I have owned it since 1983.  What should it sell for?

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the forum @Hevygunz    :welcome:  Can you tell us more about the car.  It looks like a deal that is to good to be true.

Hevygunz

Thanks.  I had it listed for $34,900 2 years ago, apparently that was too much.  I have taken a deposit down on the car from a buyer today who alerted me to this forum, where my ad was being called a scam.  Kinda pissed me off.  I am not that clever. I do wish I had been aware of this discussion, that might have affected my asking/selling price.  That's on me for not doing my research beyond the other listings on Autotrader.
I was/am very concerned that it would go the other way - the shyster gets my car & I'm stuck with a bad check.  I will keep my end of the bargain(apparently I have sold it too cheap) and hope it works out.

Spikedog08

Welcome to the site!  Hope it works out for ya!   :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

RUNCHARGER

Nothing to be butthurt about. No one was calling you a scammer, it seemed like a fair deal and worth pursuing for anyone close enough to have a look at it in person. Lots of fair deals are put out by scammers so it's best to check them out to be sure.
Sheldon

Crocha617

I sent you an email with all of  my contact info weeks ago I never heard from you. I could've been driving it by now....

Daveh

This site is great for checks and balances and I think that was only what was happening.  It seemed like a great deal and we all felt the same way. Good luck with the sale.