Main Menu

1971 Cuda 440 6-pack Tribute TX9/TX9 Black/Black - Auto O/D - $55K

Started by tazinhawaii, February 25, 2020, 03:01:13 AM

Previous topic Next topic

tazinhawaii

It's time to sell the cars and move to the lake.  It's on ebay right now for this week, but am tired of the scammers.  Where the hell did all the scammers come from on ebay lately?  I sold several cars on ebay in the past with no problems.....  Edited from the ebay ad:

1971 Plymouth Cuda 440 six pack, shaker, original TX9/TX9 black on black car.  $55K.  Let me start off with, this car was originally a 1971 Grand Coupe Barracuda (VIN BP23G1Bxxxxx).  We both know that if you are looking for an original V code 71 Cuda, you need to add another zero to the price if you could find one and unlike most "Hemi" cars and "big block" cars being sold here, I'm not representing this as an original not pricing it as one.  And if you are a 'nose in the air Mopar snob who just wants to make snyde comments about it not being an original V code Cuda, please go jump off a cliff!  I want to DRIVE my cars. 

Now on to the car.  The car actually has a 1970 440 bored and stroked to 522Ci (shortblock done by CME engines in North Carolina) with about 3000 miles on it (about 1000 miles per year), Trick Flow aluminum heads, Edelbrock 6 pack setup, full roller valve train, MSD 6A ignition and pro-billet distributor, high volume oil pump, 8qt oil pan, high volume mechanical fuel pump, built A518 automatic OD transmission with programmable electronic controller, Dana 60 rear end, Willwood disc brakes at all 4 corners, subframe connectors, ralley dash, rim blow steering wheel, secret audio sound system with bluetooth and 6x9's in the rear deck and subwoofer/amp in trunk, tilt steering column with touch start, newer 26" radiator with electric radiator fans, pistol grip shifter, wideband O2 monitor, Magna Flow dual exhaust, long tube headers, single wire high output alternator and the list goes on and on.  Some other 'standard' features of the car include power steering, power brakes, Hotchkis anti-sway bar, new rear leaf springs and so much more. 

Every wire in the car has been replaced (when I bought the car) and routed in a manner to try and hide them.  The floors are covered with heat and sound deadener under the new carpet.  I will also be including a small assortment of carb jets in case you think it needs more tuning, although it's running pretty perfect right now.  The rim blow steering wheel is an original refurbished wheel, not one of the new reproduction ones. 

The heater box for the car is not installed nor are the heater controls.  I will include the heater box with the car (in the trunk).  Currently the MSD-6A box and some other smaller items are mounted on the firewall under the dash where the heater box would be located.  I will also include some other original parts with the car that the new owner could sell (I was just too lazy).  This includes the original steering column and standard steering wheel (both in rough shape), original jack, original standard dash and switch panel, blue ignition box, and much more. 

Things currently wrong with the car include the bulb in the passenger side driving light (mounted to the underside of the bumper) is out.  Just haven't gotten around to buying a new one, but verified it is only the bulb.  The trip odometer sticks when it gets to 111 miles (real odometer works great).  That's it other than paint/billboard issues in the photos/video.

The bodywork was done by the previous owner (he had it done) and the car was basically a good looking running basket case when I bought it.  I've put 5 years into it, made it what I would love to go back in time and buy, with some modern conveniences such as overdrive and the stereo.

I bought the car from the previous owner in Florida 5 years ago.  The bodywork and paint were completed when I bought the car so I'm not sure which panels were replaced.  I have to assume the quarters were replaced at a minimum.  There are no apparent indications that the floors or trunk were replaced, but I doubt they would be in such excellent condition if they weren't.  I don't know where the car lived prior to Florida when I bought it and shipped it up here to New Hampshire.  I can say that in the past 5 years, the car saw a sprinkle once when I had it pulled out of the garage and it started sprinkling.  There literally is no part of the car (except the tires) that I wouldn't eat off from.  It is that clean.

The car is in excellent condition with only some minor flaws which I try to show in the last 4 photos and videos.  I have several videos of the car that I can send and can put it up on the lift as necessary.  I just need an e-mail address and I'll send the videos and other pictures.  Multiple local car show winner.  The photos do NOT do the car justice as some look dull.  The videos are much better or come see it in person.  The car is currently put up for the winter in a heated garage.  The photos and videos were taken in September just prior to storing the car.  Also, i am NOT interested in trades as I'm only selling to get out of debt and buy a house on a lake. 

tazinhawaii

I have had the scratches in the hood and tail panel repaired. 

daniel

Hi,

I have been looking for this exact car for awhile, and was forwarded your ad by a local Mopar restoration shop here in the Toronto area. Is the car still available?

Please call or text me at 647 242 5160

Thank you
Daniel

JS29

@tazinhawaii  @daniel   Is trying to make contact with you. This is how you tag some one.  :alan2cents:

CudaMoparRay

tazinhawaii

Deposit received.  Now if we could just come through this COVID travel restrictions crap........

JS29