Main Menu

1971 Cuda Convertible 340 auto... long term owner...

Started by LoStHeMi, October 28, 2020, 04:28:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70 Challenger Lover

I sent the seller a message. Finally sold my Vette and would love to put the money back into a car like this!

1 Wild R/T

If it were a long term Texas car & I wanted a 71 Cuda vert I'd have to go look.. The fact its a long term New York car would make me nervous.... Maybe have someone local go take a look before getting to attached.....

70 Challenger Lover

He responded so I asked for a pic of the fender tag. Because it's Craigslist, he has his number hidden.

Any thoughts on its value. Easily $100k plus restored. I'm wondering if he'd come down to $40k. I got that sitting on the side for the right car to come along.

anlauto

You're expecting him to come down $20K ?  Good luck with that. :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

70 Challenger Lover

Don't expect anything actually. Just asking opinions on what it might be worth in this condition.

Crocha617

Make sure you have a look at it. The pictures do not represent the condition of the car. There is substantial rust on it. The guy is pretty hard to deal with. I messaged with him weeks ago when the price was listed at $50k. He then raised it to $75k now we're at $60k. He wouldn't tell me anything about the condition of the underside or send additional pictures. Luckily someone else looked at it and posted some better photos in the other thread. I lost interest in it once I saw the rust. In my opinion $40k is probably a fair price for it.

70 Challenger Lover

Morty426

Matt M

Car has been discussed a lot.

In my opinion if you want a 71 Cuda Vert you would be better off buying one that is done.
I know there are not a lot out there but there are several for sale now that are probably a better value/deal.

I like the Red one and the Brown one's on E-bay better than this car.
Of course both those cars would have to be looked at.

Matt

70 Challenger Lover

I picked this restored one up not too long ago already restored. Not a BS car but I still love it. It's also a radio delete car.

I have my eye on a nice restored 69 Coronet R/T that I might go with instead.

E74cuda

I was able to pick this one up recently. It's an unrestored car that is in good condition and was never really modified so it still has the majority of it's original parts. It had an older repaint so I had the paint and body done and it's almost back together. They are hard to find in any condition.

anlauto

Quote from: E74cuda on October 30, 2020, 07:58:22 AM
I was able to pick this one up recently. It's an unrestored car that is in good condition and was never really modified so it still has the majority of it's original parts. It had an older repaint so I had the paint and body done and it's almost back together. They are hard to find in any condition.

Is yours a BS27H1 ? Beautiful car :wowzers:

Crocha617

Quote from: E74cuda on October 30, 2020, 07:58:22 AM

Did you buy that one from Jason R?  Reminds me of this one I had years ago.