1971 Cuda project NJ craigs

Started by mopartaz, July 28, 2020, 11:36:20 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Bradman

Barracuda looks like...not a real cuda?

Fish Tale

Yeah, judging by the plain fenders and rear panel emblem.  Gran Coupe with a 4 speed?

cuda hunter

No gran coupe insignia where the barracuda insignia is.  Since the car is black on black it is a cool car.

But he "knows what it's worth".   

Actually that price isn't too bad, but I bet it has a ton of hidden rust.  Hence no pictures.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Smallblock340

The seller posted some more pictures. The Certificate of Title tells me this car left the Hamtramck Assembly Plant as a BH23L1B: 1971 Barracuda w/383 2BBL  :yes:
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

6bblgt

Quote from: Smallblock340 on July 29, 2020, 12:51:23 PM
The seller posted some more pictures. The Certificate of Title tells me this car left the Hamtramck Assembly Plant as a BH23L1B: 1971 Barracuda w/383 2BBL  :yes:

& 383 2bbl was AUTOMATIC ONLY in an E-body

EV2RTSE

Yeah being a NJ car what lies beneath may be scary if not very scary, but I am intrigued by this one a little. Still a big block, black 71... And a 4-speed even in place of a factory auto is still a plus in a case like this IMO. I always thought the black 'Cuda in the Phantasm movies looked really bad-ass. Probably no fender tag or build sheet with this one since he only shows a pic of the title but, maybe? Put in a rallye dash, rimblow, and run a set of cragars or maybe just road wheels, and on a black slick top car, you'd have something...

Must... resist...

But if anyone is seriously interested the car is probably 30 mins or less from me and I would be glad to take a look for gas (ok, beer) money.

cuda hunter

the v5 moldings look like they are black, or X.   Would be cool if they were v5R. 
Wyatts 70 monaco (fcbo.com) is a triple black vert with the v5R and that is an awesome looking car. 

I've only seen one barracuda triple black with the v5R moldings.  I would really like one with that option. 

Anyone ask for a fender tag readout? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

EV2RTSE

V5R is ...  :wowzers:

Coincidentally, I believe this one was once owned by the guy that has the set of NOS M46 scoops that were mentioned at Carlisle.

cuda hunter

Dwight Rhindt 

I've purchased some parts off him over the years.  Nice fella.

Has some really cool M46 cars. 
Since you mentioned the NOS m46 scoops that Jeff had commented on, Jeff told me that the last NOS scoop was indeed sold to Dwight and there are no more available for me to purchase.  Very unfortunate. I was really hoping there was a lead to a set of NOS's. 

EV2RTSE

Ah, crap. Sorry to hear that. I guess I should have said then, the guy who had the NOS M46 scoops. 

I'm not really a 71 Barracuda / Cuda type of guy but at the same time I think they are really cool cars when optioned with certain stripe / top / color combos, or lack thereof.

Years ago, about 5 mins from Raceway Park in Englishtown, sat a 71 flat hood Barracuda, FJ6, 383 2-barrel from the VIN. I stopped to inquire about it but the people who answered the door said they didn't own it, their landlord did, and as far as they knew it wasn't for sale. Never knew what happened to it, but someone on facebook also remembered it and it was cool to see some pics of it from back then, fairly recently. Back in the day I had no idea how rare FJ6 was! Hope someone saved it but even way back then I remember it being pretty rough.

mopartaz

Yeah that car sat behind a house right by the flea market sitting on the ground I remember asking the people also. Who knows might still be there rotting into the ground. Looks like they built an enclosure over it  with a weird lean to garage on the back of the house.  I had a triple black 71 back in 98, # matching 383 auto , sold it to someone in Indiana or Missouri. Car needed a lot of work body work but was running.  I could have bought one done cheaper than fixing it back then. Ever see the brown 70 Gran coupe that was in Spotswood NJ ? That was a little rough but complete 340 auto car, I had the deal on the 71 and couldn't swing both at the time.

EV2RTSE

I don't believe I ever saw that one, but there always seemed to be a lot of cars in that area. One time I stopped by Jack's Auto Wreckers when it was still there and he had just crushed a 70 Challenger, one of the workers mentioned that there was one sitting out in the woods near the power lines nearby, I figured maybe a ditched stolen car or something like that. Tried to locate it but didn't have any luck. 

EV2RTSE

Looks like the black car may have sold - the ad is down. I just stumbled across the picture of that FJ6 71 - must have been 25-30 years ago now I think.