Main Menu

1971 Cuda V-Code! Concours quality restoration w/ numbers matching 440-6 pack!

Started by Smallblock340, June 15, 2020, 10:14:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Smallblock340

For sale at Pedal To The Metal, Netherlands:
1971 Cuda V-Code! Concours quality restoration w/ numbers matching 440-6 pack!

See the link below for detailed information, pictures and a video:
https://www.pttmgarage.com/cars/54/Plymouth/CUDA_440-6_pack_shaker

BEAUTIFUL car!
The Cuda is listed for sale without a price. How much is the car worth?
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

larry4406

Very nice car!  I copied all of the pictures for future reference.

I am no restoration expert, but I think the following items are wrong.  Any other wrong details?
-Missing tire pressure decal on drivers side door jamb
-Hood latch has yellow overspray
-Tail light housings are painted black vs chromate
-Middle carb appears to be a 70 style due lack of breather hose
-Missing 3-nipple breather on right valve cover
-Suspension components painted black
-Missing trunk lamp wire (and probably the lamp)

JH27N0B

Nothing says concours restoration like painting the hood latch and hood safety catch!
The description says it has a fender tag, but I don't see it in the pictures?

formula_s

anlauto

It was likely restored by a professional company that does all makes and models and doesn't really know the "details" of Mopar's specifically.

I would think the car has a value of $150K-$200K USD if all the options are original, all the numbers match and it's all documented. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

fc7cuda

RUNCHARGER

Nice looking car, needs lots of details but it is a nice looking car. I remember spending the time to tape off the tailpanel blackout wrongly as well.
Sheldon

FYone

Lots of little things wrong with this one! And thats what you can see! Soooo, what's not visible and wrong! Imean concours...and you don't even clean the surface rust of the base of the fender top turn signals, geez. $ 150,000 on a very good day that would be a reach.

anlauto

Okay....I'll admit when I first looked at this thread this morning, I only viewed one or two pictures, and didn't read any of the long winded ad....

Still didn't read everything, but what I did read was that the A22 elastomeric bumpers and the V6X billboards were added....I also viewed more pictures and found some huge glaring mistakes like the wrong valve covers, white kick panels REALLY ? , no rad support black out etc...

I want to adjust my first opinion of the value.....I think the owner should be ecstatic if he gets anywhere close to $150K USD.... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Smallblock340

It is really great to read about all the details!  :bigthumb:
Probably the car dealership did not read Paul Herd's "Challenger & Barracuda Restoration Guide"  ;)
So it is better to call it a "show quality" rather than a "Concourse" restored Cuda?

It is a two hour drive to the car dealership, so I think I'll grab my Challenger soon and drive by.
They have a lot of nice Mopars for sale and I want to take a closer look at the Cuda.
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ