Main Menu

1971 Dodge Challenger convertible all stock

Started by MasonDaniel7, October 04, 2019, 12:25:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

worthywads

RUNCHARGER

Cool car. I sure wouldn't bid based on those photos though.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on October 04, 2019, 06:57:23 AM
Cool car. I sure wouldn't bid based on those photos though.

There are also three videos that don't show anything either... Spent it's whole life in the New Jersey area..... If you can't look it over theres zero chance I'd bid on it....

JH27N0B

You have to wonder what some people are thinking when they go to sell a car.  Take some pictures with the lowest resolution camera you can find, take no pics under the hood, of the tag or in the trunk, and don't even bother washing the car first.
If it's solid, car could be a bargain even with the crappy paint, but needs a personal inspection to look for rust and bondo,

Crocha617

Quote from: JH27N0B on October 04, 2019, 09:17:34 AM
You have to wonder what some people are thinking when they go to sell a car.  Take some pictures with the lowest resolution camera you can find, take no pics under the hood, of the tag or in the trunk, and don't even bother washing the car first.
If it's solid, car could be a bargain even with the crappy paint, but needs a personal inspection to look for rust and bondo,

It's very rare to find a running/driving E-body vert for $20k. If you're in the market for one you should go and see it quickly. It won't last long even if it does need a trunk pan and/or floor pans. The pictures are terrible but it looks really solid and clean. If my weekend weren't completely booked I'd head down and see it.

dave73

Darn that is like 20 mins away from me. I've never seen it at any local cruise ins or shows.

erik70rt

"located in NJ exit 12 on NJ TP"

You can definitely tell the seller is from NE NJ!!!!   :haha: :rofl: :haha: :rofl:
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

1 Wild R/T

Pictures don't look bad but they really don't show much... Either the guy isn't a car guy, isn't a car salesmen or he's really good a being deceitful...   The VIN could be a concern too.. Hopefully it's a mis-print cause 29 isnt a convertible it's an SE... 27 is a convertible...

7E-Bodies

If I weren't in a project already, I'd look seriously at this. I've had 2 71 verts. Oh the memories. One in B7with white, 318 column, ac, power top, wide front moldings, and a green go 318 3 spd with white top and interior. So wish I'd rat holed them. 
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

dave73

It's so close to me I may contact him and take a look. I've had an itch for a convertible but I'd have to sell my car to fund this. And the idea of starting over is not all that appealing ha