Main Menu

1971 DODGE CHALLENGER CONVERTIBLE PROJECT CAR

Started by MasonDaniel7, March 19, 2020, 12:22:49 AM

Previous topic Next topic

6bblgt

Quote from: ricomondo on March 20, 2020, 02:00:33 PM
Saw the VIN posted in another place, it's not on the list of 50 pace car replicas.

there are 50 "on track" INDY 500 festival used "pace cars" with VINs that are known - there are dozens (if not hundreds) of unknown "pace car replicas"

odds are a spring/summer '71 built Challenger convertible with EV2 "HEMI ORANGE" paint with H6XW "WHITE" interior was intentionally ordered as a "pace car replica"
  odds go up greatly with - hood pins, rallye wheels & body-side mouldings

C_B5

The ad states the car is located in Wickliffe, OH. That's an hour away, so  consider it as local.
If someone is "definitely interested" in this project, I'd be willing to put eyes on it and take additional pictures.

The rust everywhere is not surprising if it's a lifelong OH car. In fact the condition is better than most usually the rear quarters are gone !!!

cuda hunter

I was told it came out of North Carolina by the previous owner.  So not Ohio rust anyway. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

dino6923

more  likely its a pace car , my friend in tampa florida owns a real pace car in the registry the  L code one of 2 . this car checks out with flat hood with hood pins body side molding. and was told that all pace cars had 3 holes where the headlight wiring harness  comes thru the battery tray and rad support . this cars vin is 6 digits off the last one in the registry.