Main Menu

1971 dodge challenger convertible slant 6 Survivor

Started by MasonDaniel7, May 19, 2021, 12:27:25 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MasonDaniel7

erik70rt

Nice!!!  Makes me wish I kept my '70 Challenger /6 vert which was also EV2!
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

198D13

:rolleyes:  Hmmmm, still a true "survivor", even though he added disc brakes and butchered the dash to add A/C, but still a "survivor". Hmmm......

Cuda_mark

Quote from: 198D13 on May 19, 2021, 06:12:05 AM
:rolleyes:  Hmmmm, still a true "survivor", even though he added disc brakes and butchered the dash to add A/C, but still a "survivor". Hmmm......

Well...technically it survived the butchering so....

I know the term "survivor" gets thrown around a lot and the clear cut definition may be a little up for interpretation but I am ok with this guy calling this particular car a survivor. A lot of original stuff and hasn't been cloned into a HEMI vert (like I did to my 70 GC Vert).

Maybe he should have called it a "near survivor"

JH27N0B

Honestly, other than an OE grade show car, I can't call adding disc brakes or AC to a car butchering.  Let's face it, cars have got so much more comfortable to drive in the half century since our E bodies were built, and things we now take for granted even on the most low end base model cars, like disc brakes, AC and power steering, often were not optioned on our cars and now make them uncomfortable to drive.
I've been guilty myself of deciding to drive my 09 Challenger to an event on a brutally hot day rather than one of my vintage rides.
Anything that makes vintage cars more desirable to drive and encourages owners to get them out and about rather than acting as garage art is a good thing!

anlauto

Good deal for somebody....just put a Hemi in it ! :banana:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

That would be a crime, hemi clones are almost as numerous at most car shows as late model Challengers these days.
I bet a /6 gets more attention, something you never see!
And truth is, the joy of driving a convertible is putting the top down on a nice day and cruising, not doing an 11 second quarter mile.

JS29

High horsepower and a convertible top dose not appeal to me ether. Only a butcher would do that to a car like that. Isn't there enough clones out there!!!  :headbang:

anlauto

Wow..where is that "sarcasm emoji" when you need it  :haha: :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

erik70rt

Quote from: JH27N0B on May 19, 2021, 07:28:49 AM
That would be a crime, hemi clones are almost as numerous at most car shows as late model Challengers these days.
I bet a /6 gets more attention, something you never see!
And truth is, the joy of driving a convertible is putting the top down on a nice day and cruising, not doing an 11 second quarter mile.

My /6 car got plenty of attention.  What was really fun to see was the "disappointment" on people's faces when they saw it was a /6.   :haha: :haha:
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

70/6chall

I've been taking my Slant6 70 Challenger to shows and cruises since the early 90's and have received various comments on it. I think it looks like a nice car, but then I believe I'm partial to it. I haven't as of late taken it to many places but the car and I both are slowing down. I've had some guys sniff at it and walk off or give me the "what a waste" comment. A good portion of them really want to know about the car and it's story. It has trophied many times so somebody likes it. I think show goers are attracted to the Go Mango color at first and when they look under the hood the questions flow.I knew I hung onto it for some reason. Thanks,   Al

FSHTAIL

Its probably still a survivor because of the disk brake swap... 

Ultra purists that drive on 4 wheel drums are a special kind of breed if driving along side of Corolla and Civics at freeway speed that can stop on a dime.   

Ultra purists are a bit scary. 

Hell, that A/C swap makes it a great value in my book.   
Something you can actually get out there and drive/enjoy in comfort?
Sign me up brother!

Quote from: 198D13 on May 19, 2021, 06:12:05 AM
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

RUNCHARGER

11 inch drums on both of these. Driven in traffic/freeways etc. more than most hobby cars. No problems at all with stopping. Keep the cylinders and lines fresh, adjust them every once in awhile. Stopping from 100MPH and up takes longer but these aren't the hazard the "Mommy save me" generation thinks they are. I do run modern tires though and I think that has a bigger effect on driveabilty and bite.
Sheldon

FSHTAIL

"Mommy save me generation."   😅🤣

I just like having any advantage I can..  😉
Im a fan of performance over originality.. 

Whatever gets your goat...You do you bud..     

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on May 29, 2021, 07:28:57 AM
11 inch drums on both of these. Driven in traffic/freeways etc. more than most hobby cars. No problems at all with stopping. Keep the cylinders and lines fresh, adjust them every once in awhile. Stopping from 100MPH and up takes longer but these aren't the hazard the "Mommy save me" generation thinks they are. I do run modern tires though and I think that has a bigger effect on driveabilty and bite.
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

Mopsquad

I'm almost embarrassed to be seen now in public with my hemi clone/slant six convertible because of you guys.  JK ;)